Quantcast
Lincoln (A) League Cup 24/9/20 - 19:45 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Lincoln (A) League Cup 24/9/20 - 19:45

Recommended Posts

Adrian

Williams

Van den Berg

Fabinho

Tsimikas

Milner

Keita

Jones

Elliott

Minamino

Jota

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These two sides haven't met in a competitive fixture for 60 years, since the 1960/61 season when both were in the 2nd Division. The game at Lincoln's Sincil Bank that season, on 8th October 1960, finished 2-1 to the Reds thanks to a double from Sir Roger Hunt.

 

'Tell Laura I Love Her' by Ricky Valance was No1 in the charts at the time. I've never heard of it or him. Indeed I thought it was a typo and was supposed to read Richie Valens, and maybe it was a posthumous hit. The song it displaced at the top of the charts was none other than 'Apache' by The Shadows.

 

 

It's likely that we'll go with a youthful line-up like we did last year. Neil Critchley is no longer at the club, but I don't think Jurgen will need to sit this one out and let the youth team coach take charge as the fixture doesn't clash with our other first-team commitments. We don't play again in the league until next Monday. Perhaps Tsimikas and Jota will get a debut run-out, and other first-team fringe players like Curtis, Neco, Big Div, Ram Man and Taki will be included in the team/squad.

 

Apparently, either Arsenal or Leicester await in the next round if we get through. Just treat the fixture with respect, do all the right things and get through to the next round. We could win this trophy this season, or we could treat it as an irrelevance.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got no reason to dislike the Imps and I hear they've got a lovely cathedral.  Still, I want Liverpool B to destroy them like a pavlova beneath a Chieftain tank.

 

Just get these beat, Reds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manwiththestick said:

Tell Laura I love her is a classic. A warning to all boy racers.

I can't even read the title without going "bom bom bom-bom".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trumo said:

These two sides haven't met in a competitive fixture for 60 years, since the 1960/61 season when both were in the 2nd Division. The game at Lincoln's Sincil Bank that season, on 8th October 1960, finished 2-1 to the Reds thanks to a double from Sir Roger Hunt.

 

'Tell Laura I Love Her' by Ricky Valance was No1 in the charts at the time. I've never heard of it or him. Indeed I thought it was a typo and was supposed to read Richie Valens, and maybe it was a posthumous hit. The song it displaced at the top of the charts was none other than 'Apache' by The Shadows.

 

 

It's likely that we'll go with a youthful line-up like we did last year. Neil Critchley is no longer at the club, but I don't think Jurgen will need to sit this one out and let the youth team coach take charge as the fixture doesn't clash with our other first-team commitments. We don't play again in the league until next Monday. Perhaps Tsimikas and Jota will get a debut run-out, and other first-team fringe players like Curtis, Neco, Big Div, Ram Man and Taki will be included in the team/squad.

 

Apparently, either Arsenal or Leicester await in the next round if we get through. Just treat the fixture with respect, do all the right things and get through to the next round. We could win this trophy this season, or we could treat it as an irrelevance.

You must be younger than I thought, can’t believe you’ve never heard of ‘Tell Laura I love her’!! And I wasn’t even born in 1960.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked with a girl who went to The University of Lincoln. She was actually from Essex but Lincoln was where she studied. I found her a difficult personality, as much my fault as hers, but obviously I hold Lincoln responsible for the stress caused so hope we smash them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I worked with a girl who went to The University of Lincoln. She was actually from Essex but Lincoln was where she studied. I found her a difficult personality, as much my fault as hers, but obviously I hold Lincoln responsible for the stress caused so hope we smash them. 

Would she not put the lotion in the basket?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've got no reason to dislike the Imps and I hear they've got a lovely cathedral.  

And there was me thinking they didn’t have a prayer.

 

 

 

 

22AD0497-6D2D-4AA8-A314-6E766F5E109C.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't drop Allison but it would be good to see Williams, Minamino, Jones, Ellit, Jota and Tsimikas get a game. Is Origi fit as well? 

 

Just fucking win. I don't want us fannying about with any tournament this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×