You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When did you last pay attention to the UK Music Top 40?

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

That's ridiculous. You need to carry on defending your position, citing ever more dubious and esoteric sites and sniping at each other in unrelated threads.

C'mon man, it's not as if he's had a pop at Sly & The Family Stone.

IS IT?

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's ridiculous. You need to carry on defending your position, citing ever more dubious and esoteric sites and sniping at each other in unrelated threads.

Been there, done that. @Mook won and it wasn't a pleasant experience. He knows where to shove things. 

15 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Was that released to stop one of the x factor winners from getting Christmas number 1? 

To be fair to RATM they didn't "release" anything for that, it was just a campaign based on downloads of an already available tune. They were confused as fuck when it happened. One of the funniest things about it was Morello's "ummm... thanks?" reaction.

17 hours ago, John102 said:

Inspired by this thread, I just stuck the chart on whilst flicking. Met with this dreadful effort. A video that would have been considered shit in the 90s. 

Awful. 

Sounds like an autotuned mumble rapper with a cucumber in his mouth. The music sounds like it was made on a Vic20.

• 2 months later...
On 20/09/2020 at 21:07, Fluter in Dakota said:

Ha! Indeed the current number one is "WAP" by Cardi B featureing Megan Thee Stallion. (Yes, I've never heard of the cunt either)

Song of the 2020 according to BBC.

In 20 years time, Stig will still be knocking out these comps and some of our kids will be making strong arguments for Cardi B as the greatest of all time. Possibly.

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Song of the 2020 according to BBC.

In 20 years time, Stig will still be knocking out these comps and some of our kids will be making strong arguments for Cardi B as the greatest of all time. Possibly.

Like fuck I will mate. These competitions were meant to be a bit of fun, Its put about 5 years on me the shit I've taken over them and I'm terrified about the Rest of the World one. Codes gonna hit the roof for a start. 

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Like fuck I will mate. These competitions were meant to be a bit of fun, Its put about 5 years on me the shit I've taken over them and I'm terrified about the Rest of the World one. Codes gonna hit the roof for a start. 

You don't want the Mayor of Stavanger on your case,friends in high places.

Is the Kid Jenson still doing the

top 40 on a Sunday? 

Or did he go the way of Yew Tree too? 

There my answer to the took all question. 

I was never really a pop chart person. I liked pop music, but not specifically what went into the pop charts. I used it watch the chart show and was interested in the Indy, Rock and Dance charts of whatever they had in there be enlarge.

The last time remember giving a shit was probably wanting Tom’s Diner by Suzanne Vega/DNA to knock the Turtles off number one.

I was old before my time