You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Queens of the Stone Age vs Foo Fighters

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Queens of the Stone Age vs Foo Fighters  

36 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Queens of the Stone Age vs Foo Fighters

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/20 at 10:22

Singles = Foos.

Albums = QOTSA.

And because about album is 10-12 songs long, not 2/3, it’s easily QOTSA.

In fact, some of the QOTSA deep cuts are my favourites - I Appear Missing, Fortress, A Song For The Dead, In The Fade.... all absolutely brilliant. 

The Foo Fighters haven’t done a good album track since Stacked Actors. 

Sheeeeeeeeeeet. Both of these belong in the next round. No point voting for both, no point voting for neither. Tough one........

Only because the Foo Fighters made Dave Grohl and Dave Grohl made the Foo Fighters...

34 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

First time I saw QOTSA, Dave Grohl was drumming for them. With you on this, Stig. Great band. Grohl is fucking superb, whichever band he is in.

We all have regrets. Some cut really fucking deep. But one of my biggest..... Reading Festival 2009. Saturday morning me and my mate popped into the town centre for a shit and a brekkie. Ended up in the pub (2nd best pub in the south) and ignored our phones when we were getting called by our other mates. Fuckers. Walking back to the site we learnt we'd missed Them Crooked Vultures in one of the tents who were the 'secret act' of the weekend. 

Josh Homme, John Paul-Jones and Grohl (on drums). Oh no.... We were happy in the Purple Turtle weren't we. Fucking pair of dickheads. Still pisses me off now. Fuck off . 

Vote for the Foo Fighters. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

QOTSA are the Ric Flair to The Foo’s Hogan.

Woooooooo! 

Edit: Have a night out with a mate and his new Mrs, wasn’t looking forward to it, but saw this and put Rated R on. 

Bring on the night now! 

Met her, she's French, fit, cultured and loaded.

He is none of these things, I'm worried now that it's a scam as he's conference North and she's Premier League. All very weird.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

We all have regrets. Some cut really fucking deep. But one of my biggest..... Reading Festival 2009. Saturday morning me and my mate popped into the town centre for a shit and a brekkie. Ended up in the pub (2nd best pub in the south) and ignored our phones when we were getting called by our other mates. Fuckers. Walking back to the site we learnt we'd missed Them Crooked Vultures in one of the tents who were the 'secret act' of the weekend. 

Josh Homme, John Paul-Jones and Grohl (on drums). Oh no.... We were happy in the Purple Turtle weren't we. Fucking pair of dickheads. Still pisses me off now. Fuck off . 

Vote for the Foo Fighters. 

You poor bastard, Stig.

On 19/09/2020 at 18:16, Bruce Spanner said:

QOTSA are the Ric Flair to The Foo’s Hogan.

Woooooooo! 

That is a brilliant comparison.

Hogan being a better character but the vastly inferior wrestler, playing to the crowd, which passing fans prefer him.

Flair being the purist, miles better wrestler, more niche & investing in his character if far more rewarding.

I can’t remember a HH v Flair match up, but people will tune into Hogan from Wrestlemania’9, less so Brett Hart at the same event. 

I’m disappointed that QOTSA have gone out, but I understand why.... unlike if Metallica had gone out to fucking Chic.