1892-LFCWasBorn

Diogo Jota

Are we back to real football yet? You know the stuff where one team isn't made up of milkman,postmen and factory workers? Somebody won 14-0,away against Mongolia(the country who invented the game!) 'Genghis Khan, your boys took a hell of a beating.'

He is proving to be a brilliant all-round player. I'm pleasantly surprised with his heading ability. Many forward players often just head the ball as powerfully as they can and hope it goes in.

With Jota however, it is noticeable that he puts a bit more thought into it. Knows when to glance it or direct it to the corner with a deft touch. Just proves again that you dont need to be a 6 foot 3 striker to be great at headers.

• Upvote 3

This guy’s phenomenal in the same way that Firmino, Mane and Salah are and have been. Whoever scouts our attacking players is just lacking that wee bit of nothing. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

His movement reminds me a lot of a young Robbie Fowler. Great anticipator, quick reactions, pick that out son.

He’s very like him. Both ridiculously potent in the air too despite being relative shortarses. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

His movement reminds me a lot of a young Robbie Fowler. Great anticipator, quick reactions, pick that out son.

Very much so. And no fucking around either - any time there's an opportunity to strike at goal, he's there.

31 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I scoffed when someone said this after his midweek goals, (may have been you).

But you know what...

I like that he constantly puts himself in a position to score. Still unsure what his best position is. I think he’d be best as a roaming forward off a big target man, like Raul Jimenez or Lewandowski.

He has a touch of Ronaldo about him, if there is a chance of a goal he isn't going to die wondering, he's all over it like a hot snot.

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

I like that he constantly puts himself in a position to score. Still unsure what his best position is. I think he’d be best as a roaming forward off a big target man, like Raul Jimenez or Lewandowski.

Lewandowski you say,hmm? The same player our current manager turned into one of the world's best strikers? You may have spotted a pattern,Sherlock.

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My thoughts exactly. The guy is lethal in the box. Head down and fucking hit it unlike the main three who like to piss about a bit this season.

He's really good and knows where the goal is, a real poacher when he's not making his own chances. He just lifts his teammates when he plays, makes you wonder what the season would have been like if he hadn't picked up that injury.