Jump to content
1892-LFCWasBorn

Diogo Jota

Recommended Posts

On 19/02/2021 at 18:45, Nolongerathletic said:

I’m nearly 49 so I have an excuse. Klopp would still get more value out of me than Keita! 

You don’t look a day over 47 mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2021 at 00:59, m0e said:

He wouldn't shut up about the 5 subs and the Saturday early kick offs.

 

We then get THE perfect dead rubber and he starts 4 valuable first teamers.

 

Shockingly shit from Klopp.

That's the thing though, those games aren't dead rubbers for us because we need the money (though I don't think we even won that night).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it how any Liverpool fan can claim ANY game outside of pre season friendlies, is a 'dead fucking rubber.' It's one for the shiteness of modern football thread. Any fan using the fucking term should be hung, drawn and fucking quartered.

 

I see some are now saying they'd rather we didnt qualify for the Europa league if we dont get the CL, as if the Europa League is beneath us. Since when has this club been about swerving European football?

 

We were ripping united fans a new one at such shit from them.

 

And given our injury record, there's every chance Jota would have got injured in training or the next 'competitive' game never mind single handedly, Jota would have saved the title defence if he hadnt been injured. Injuries are part and parcel of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

That's the thing though, those games aren't dead rubbers for us because we need the money (though I don't think we even won that night).

They aren't dead rubbers for anyone. People would figure this out if they just looked at the teams the likes of City and Bayern put out, and they were also already through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I love it how any Liverpool fan can claim ANY game outside of pre season friendlies, is a 'dead fucking rubber.' It's one for the shiteness of modern football thread. Any fan using the fucking term should be hung, drawn and fucking quartered.

 

I see some are now saying they'd rather we didnt qualify for the Europa league if we dont get the CL, as if the Europa League is beneath us. Since when has this club been about swerving European football?

 

We were ripping united fans a new one at such shit from them.

 

And given our injury record, there's every chance Jota would have got injured in training or the next 'competitive' game never mind single handedly, Jota would have saved the title defence if he hadnt been injured. Injuries are part and parcel of football.

 

SD could learn a thing or two about defending apartheid war crimes committing countries from your rabid defence of all things related to LFC. Hell if Israel were found to be manufacturing our jerseys using the skins of Palestinian orphans I'm sure you'd find a way to rationalise that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 22:40, A_S said:

Still, what are the odds of a particular player getting a 3 month+ injury in a single game that didn't seem as important as others surrounding it? 

 

I understand the criticism of Klopp for that decision, but fucking hell, it's just typical of this season that almost the worst case scenario happened. Again. 

We knew from the game against them at Anfield that Midtjylland are a very "physical" side ... aka. absolute shithouse cunts. We shouldn't have

On 21/02/2021 at 01:09, 3 Stacks said:

I still think literally any manager would have played a mix of first team players in that game. They all do it because you get lots of money from those games. The Jota injury was just more bad luck on top of bad luck. Discussing it leads to nothing. If we're in the Champions League next year and get in a similar situation, we'll do the same thing. 

How much money are we going to end up losing through missing top four this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I love it how any Liverpool fan can claim ANY game outside of pre season friendlies, is a 'dead fucking rubber.' It's one for the shiteness of modern football thread. Any fan using the fucking term should be hung, drawn and fucking quartered.

 

I see some are now saying they'd rather we didnt qualify for the Europa league if we dont get the CL, as if the Europa League is beneath us. Since when has this club been about swerving European football?

 

We were ripping united fans a new one at such shit from them.

 

And given our injury record, there's every chance Jota would have got injured in training or the next 'competitive' game never mind single handedly, Jota would have saved the title defence if he hadnt been injured. Injuries are part and parcel of football.

We'll be lucky to qualify for the UEFA Conference League.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 22:40, A_S said:

Still, what are the odds of a particular player getting a 3 month+ injury in a single game that didn't seem as important as others surrounding it? 

 

I understand the criticism of Klopp for that decision, but fucking hell, it's just typical of this season that almost the worst case scenario happened. Again. 

Aye, given the season he would probably have picked one up in training the following day! He was a serious loss. Hopefully pick up where left off..serious player we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×