1892-LFCWasBorn

Diogo Jota

10 hours ago, skaro said:

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

Even after Virgil went down, we were going OK and Jota was absolutely flying.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

I reckon we'd be maybe 10 points better off, and still in it.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

Yep. Seemed obvious at the time and it has bitten us in the arse big time.

20 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bfp5ft8cfufupls4anp

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

tenor.gif?itemid=5120764

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493brqskk7x6flll5urgbp

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Spectacular and funny as fuck fella

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Yep. Seemed obvious at the time and it has bitten us in the arse big time.

I read 2.5 million for a win FSG would want their pound of flesh . Worst of both worlds didn't lift the cash and as you say Jota crocked 

12 hours ago, skaro said:

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

Agree that he’s been a huge loss, but because of our financial model (ahem), we have to compete for every Champions League game given the money involved. 

He had a goal every two games in a new side with a very specific style of play. Great signing. 

So what you're all saying is lump on us to win the league (currently 40/1) 'cause once Jota comes back in, we're gonna walk it?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lario said:

So what you're all saying is lump on us to win the league (currently 40/1) 'cause once Jota comes back in, we're gonna walk it?

The lad's going to be carrying an awful lot of expectations on his shoulders, isnt he?

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The lad's going to be carrying an awful lot of expectations on his shoulders, isnt he?

i was only thinking that earlier. the lad had a pretty positive start to his liverpool career, but in a team that was still pretty confident after winning the league. he has become a world beater while he has been out injured and an awful lot of fans seem to think he will be the answer to all our prayers. i wouldn't be shocked to see him struggle a bit when he comes back in. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Diogo breakin my heart

I couldn't if I tried

Diogo breakin my, Diogo breakin my, Diogo breakin my heart

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

How would you set up now for the remainder of season fitness permitting? For me Bobby needs dropping, not a bad sub to have and a good 4th if we're chasing a game. I'd be inclined to go Sadio through the middle, Jota left and Mo from the right. Don't know what others think, I think Mane could do with a spell closer to goal.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i was only thinking that earlier. the lad had a pretty positive start to his liverpool career, but in a team that was still pretty confident after winning the league. he has become a world beater while he has been out injured and an awful lot of fans seem to think he will be the answer to all our prayers. i wouldn't be shocked to see him struggle a bit when he comes back in. 

His good start is in the past now, like everything else - the title, our form etc.

When he comes back in, I will have no huge expectations. 

Just like for this team, it will be start again for him too.

It would not be at all surprising if he struggled.

In terms of the last 3 months, his injury I think was very significant.

But yes, when he comes back in, the bright start he made may well mean fuck all, the way this team is going.

He'll be coming back into a team with Wolves form.

12 hours ago, skaro said:

His good start is in the past now, like everything else - the title, our form etc.

When he comes back in, I will have no huge expectations. 

Just like for this team, it will be start again for him too.

It would not be at all surprising if he struggled.

In terms of the last 3 months, his injury I think was very significant.

But yes, when he comes back in, the bright start he made may well mean fuck all, the way this team is going.

He'll be coming back into a team with Wolves form.

Wolves for flatters us at the moment. Aren't we running at a point a game since WBA? That's relegation form. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Wolves for flatters us at the moment. Aren't we running at a point a game since WBA? That's relegation form. 

Yeah, in which case, Jota could come back hopping on one leg and might still vie for our MOTM honours.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Agree that he’s been a huge loss, but because of our financial model (ahem), we have to compete for every Champions League game given the money involved. 

The Battle of Jutland paid for Davies perhaps.

• Upvote 1

Just now, skaro said:

I still think it's Van Dijk's injury.

The team got some good results for 2 months, but eventually a loss like that tells over a season. He was the catalyst signing and the team's infrastructure depends on him; playing a higher line, trusting him on 1v1s or even 2v1s so full backs bomb on, and you can partner anyone alongside him without any concerns.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I still think it's Van Dijk's injury.

The team got some good results for 2 months, but eventually a loss like that tells over a season. He was the catalyst signing and the team's infrastructure depends on him; playing a higher line, trusting him on 1v1s or even 2v1s so full backs bomb on, and you can partner anyone alongside him without any concerns.

You could very well be right.

Him and Jota have both gone tits up as far as this season is concerned anyway, so my contention was probably a bit pointless on reflection.