You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

Cornflake pisser in chief reckons he's out for the Fulham game at the very least.

I found that from Joyce a bit depressing..they normally only hold back from the scan when it's really bad and they have to wait for the swelling to reduce to see how bad it is. The only positive for me so far is the lad who normally tells me about this type of shit said he's hesrd nothing. 

• Upvote 1

He'd played 20 minutes between the Brighton game on Nov 28 and the game in Denmark Dec 9. 20 minutes in 12 days, when you have to keep players in proper rhythm and there was a sizeable amount of money on the line to win. People who will blame Klopp for this injury are simply clueless, frankly. 

If you look at the Bayern an Man City lineups who also had "dead rubbers", they featured Sane, Muller, Goretzka, Neuer, Laporte, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Sterling and Aguero. It was not out of the ordinary at all to play Jota. This is another unfortunate situation, but it wasn't reckless. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I found that from Joyce a bit depressing..they normally only hold back from the scan when it's really bad and they have to wait for the swelling to reduce to see how bad it is. The only positive for me so far is the lad who normally tells me about this type of shit said he's hesrd nothing. 

Yeah, what the fuck. Klopp called it a knock, Joyce basically makes it sound like he won't make it to the Euros. 

• Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, what the fuck. Klopp called it a knock, Joyce basically makes it sound like he won't make it to the Euros. 

I'm pretty sure klopp called thiago a knock. I know he likes.to play things down, but it could also be a question of his use of english. Klopp may use "knock" as any impact injury, whereas I think we are used to it meaning you've been kicked, it's nothing serious and it won't involve missing more than a game or two. 

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Rumours going around twitter (hopefully bullshit) that he could be out for a few months.

Until Richard Keys delivers the bad news, I'm going on the belief that he will be back for Spurs.

Genuinely don't think I can remember an elite team having such bad luck with injuries.

This would be 4 major knee injuries, 3 of them impact.  I wonder if this lack of preseason preparation, combined with such a schedule is increasing the risk of these impact injury as they're maybe not getting into challenges in the same way. It would be a right fucker if he was out for a long period. 

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Rumours going around twitter (hopefully bullshit) that he could be out for a few months.

Until Richard Keys delivers the bad news, I'm going on the belief that he will be back for Spurs.

Genuinely don't think I can remember an elite team having such bad luck with injuries.

We train intensely though and you sometimes hear klopp say he gives players minutes so they get rest days and don't have to train. 

On 23/11/2020 at 19:45, m0e said:

You can add that Villa jabroni who they signed from Brentford. Going to be doing fuck all this time next season.

Dont see this myself at all. Ollie Watkins can be a decent PL player for years to come IMO. We've taken players from inferior leagues and transformed them into superstars.

Whether John Terry and Dean Smith can do the same is a very different discussion, but harsh to judge the player on the capabilities of his management in his first season. Calvert-Lewin has proved at 23 - the past means nothing if you've got the determination and commitment to succeed when you are given the platform to do so.

Ridiculous how many injuries we are getting compared to other teams but with the way we play and amount of games with an ever decreasing list of available players it's no suprise. Big loss if he's out for a few months, Origi and Minamino are about as much use as a glass hammer.

On Jota - if it was a bad tackle then that's him, Virgil, Thiago and Gomez* who will all have long term injuries from reckless opposition. You can't blame the schedule or the lack of pre season on a shithouse opposing team. Thats just bad luck from our part and bad sportsmanship from theirs. You can't plan for either of those things.

*Joe could have been accidental obvs, but strange how no details about what happened have ever come out.

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We train intensely though and you sometimes hear klopp say he gives players minutes so they get rest days and don't have to train. 

Yeah a mate was saying that because of the intensity of our game and especially going into the festive period, Jurgen likes all the players really sharp and Diogo has come off the bench a bit too. Just hope that it's not too serious - it might be he is back in January.

Given how well the young lads did, fingers crossed Taki can come in and show his Salzburg form. There is a good player in there. Now is a good time for him to show it. Really gutted that goal was chalked off midweek.

I'm convinced that all these injuries are related to Chris Morgan coming back to the club. When he was here the first time we always had problems like this, he left and players never broke down and now it's happening again since he came back? I dont think thats a coincidence. 

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I saw this last night on twitter on thought this kind of shit is probably true.

What an absolute fucking joke. 

I didn't watch the game midweek but didn't one of their players take Jota down? 

Yeah he got injured in that game. They kicked us to shreds.

I'm sorry but Klopp is to blame here. No reason whatsoever to risk any of our first team players in that match with the amount of games we have coming up. 

2 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I'm convinced that all these injuries are related to Chris Morgan coming back to the club. When he was here the first time we always had problems like this, he left and players never broke down and now it's happening again since he came back? I dont think thats a coincidence. 

Loads of serious injuries at Arsenal as well under his watch 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

VVD, Thiago and Jota were all injured by nasty tackles. I think it is a coincidence. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah he got injured in that game. They kicked us to shreds.

I'm sorry but Klopp is to blame here. No reason whatsoever to risk any of our first team players in that match with the amount of games we have coming up. 

This would be fair if other top clubs hadn't also played some of their best players in games of equivalent stakes or if Jota had played loads of football recently. None of what Klopp did, except for playing Salah 90 minutes, was unusual at all. 

And he'll get enough unwarranted stick for this from all corners, don't you worry. His legitimate complaints about broadcasters giving clubs time slots that make no sense and that increase the risk of injuries will now be invalid because a player who had played 17 minutes in 12 days got a contact injury. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm pretty sure klopp called thiago a knock. I know he likes.to play things down, but it could also be a question of his use of english. Klopp may use "knock" as any impact injury, whereas I think we are used to it meaning you've been kicked, it's nothing serious and it won't involve missing more than a game or two. 

I've been told off because I use the word "poorly" for everything from a bit of a sniffle to advanced stages of cancer.  Me and Klopp are like peas in a pod.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

VVD, Thiago and Jota were all injured by nasty tackles. I think it is a coincidence. 

To be fair that's the thing. I mean even having Thiago back early next year is a miracle. That was a potential season ender. 

Gomez's was a training incident (allegedly he broke down running).

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I can't remember but I think he was the physio when Lucas did his knee against Chelsea and they sent him back on. I don't recall how Jota got injured during the week though so cant comment on that.