You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

6 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I saw a few people say that Xhaka’s red card last week was harsh because even though he was last man, Jota would have had a lot to do to score from that position. I think Jota showed last night that he would very likely have scored from that position because he is top class.

4 hours ago, aws said:

Their keeper was in no-man's land and I think he would have been chipped like last night if Xhaka hadn't fouled Jota.  

I think it's a red card regardless of him  wing the last man anyway. It was studs in the chest. Hard to see how it's not violent conduct. 

3 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Song is shite, the player is boss.

Decent tune to it, could do with better lyrics though. Feels like half our songs involve going down the wing. 

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The original is fucking great.

Makes sense now, I thought they were singing bad moon rising. 

• Upvote 2

No song about a player gets sung more than the Bobby song these days at Anfield even when he’s on the bench. It’s one thing we do better than anyone else in this country is come up with songs for the lads. 

This was always a belter at Celtic though 

There’s only one Jorge Cadete

He puts the ball in the netty

he's Portuguese 

he scores with ease 

walking in a Jorge wonderland 

17 hours ago, kop77 said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1484482240902008834
Oh, he wears the number 20,
He'll take us to victory,
And when he's coming down the left wing,
He'll cut inside & score for Lfc
He's a lad from Portugal,
Better than Figo don't you know
Oh his name is Diogo

This is a classic case of how wrong words get sung.

It should be 'he will take us to victory' and 'and when he's running down the left wing'

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

No song about a player gets sung more than the Bobby song these days at Anfield even when he’s on the bench. It’s one thing we do better than anyone else in this country is come up with songs for the lads. 

This was always a belter at Celtic though 

There’s only one Jorge Cadete

He puts the ball in the netty

he's Portuguese 

he scores with ease 

walking in a Jorge wonderland 

Haha. I remember that one. ‘Netty’ was so awful it was great. 

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I know @dave u says he can finish like Fowler but he can use his arse like Kenny too. 

He’s not a big lad but he knows how to look after himself and protect the ball by getting in front of a defender. The number of times he’ll use his arse/body against far bigger and stronger defenders is brilliant. 

So could Robbie, that's part of the comparison. He's Fowler with less genius but added snide.

• Upvote 1