You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The finish for the second was top drawer. Takes it on his chest, on the run, across the defender, then finishes in his stride as Ramsdale rushes out. So little room for error in every bit of that, but he made it look easy.

Always rated him at Wolves, but he's really progressed to another level now.

I didn't have a huge awareness of him with Wolves beyond his name. We were pretty fortunate in hindsight being priced out of a move for Werner. He'd no doubt be better under Klopp than he is at Chelsea, but Jota is on a different level to him. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

I didn't have a huge awareness of him with Wolves beyond his name. We were pretty fortunate in hindsight being priced out of a move for Werner. He'd no doubt be better under Klopp than he is at Chelsea, but Jota is on a different level to him. 

Yep, another in a long line of second choices who've turned out great. Long may it continue.

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The finish for the second was top drawer. Takes it on his chest, on the run, across the defender, then finishes in his stride as Ramsdale rushes out. So little room for error in every bit of that, but he made it look easy.

Paul Merson made the point that the soft option is to move away from the defender, but by cutting across him and using your strength, the defender has nowhere to go. You have literally milliseconds to make these decisions, and Jota was just too quick, both physically and mentally. Top drawer is right.

• Upvote 3

On 19/09/2020 at 00:38, KMD7 said:

Or....

The Wolf In The North

The Wolf In The North

Has a lot to say
I can't agree with the majority of you, sorry.

Jota brought more than goals and assists, he provided attitude and aggression. He was an essential link between the lines. He is a massive loss. Massive.

And for those quoting stats, I will bet my **** he scores and assists 15+ goals for Liverpool this season, and will improve out of sight.

He was a ****ing diamond.

I'm gutted

Dave should sign The Wolf In The North, he knew his shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I saw a few people say that Xhaka’s red card last week was harsh because even though he was last man, Jota would have had a lot to do to score from that position. I think Jota showed last night that he would very likely have scored from that position because he is top class.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I saw a few people say that Xhaka’s red card last week was harsh because even though he was last man, Jota would have had a lot to do to score from that position. I think Jota showed last night that he would very likely have scored from that position because he is top class.

Their keeper was in no-man's land and I think he would have been chipped like last night if Xhaka hadn't fouled Jota.  

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Those people are morons - a flying boot to the chest is a red card anywhere on the pitch. Doubly so if it's Granit Xhaka doing it.