You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

10 hours ago, skaro said:

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

Even after Virgil went down, we were going OK and Jota was absolutely flying.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

I reckon we'd be maybe 10 points better off, and still in it.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

Yep. Seemed obvious at the time and it has bitten us in the arse big time.

20 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bfp5ft8cfufupls4anp

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

tenor.gif?itemid=5120764

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493brqskk7x6flll5urgbp

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Spectacular and funny as fuck fella

12 hours ago, skaro said:

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

Agree that he’s been a huge loss, but because of our financial model (ahem), we have to compete for every Champions League game given the money involved. 

He had a goal every two games in a new side with a very specific style of play. Great signing. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The lad's going to be carrying an awful lot of expectations on his shoulders, isnt he?

i was only thinking that earlier. the lad had a pretty positive start to his liverpool career, but in a team that was still pretty confident after winning the league. he has become a world beater while he has been out injured and an awful lot of fans seem to think he will be the answer to all our prayers. i wouldn't be shocked to see him struggle a bit when he comes back in. 

• Upvote 1

How would you set up now for the remainder of season fitness permitting? For me Bobby needs dropping, not a bad sub to have and a good 4th if we're chasing a game. I'd be inclined to go Sadio through the middle, Jota left and Mo from the right. Don't know what others think, I think Mane could do with a spell closer to goal.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i was only thinking that earlier. the lad had a pretty positive start to his liverpool career, but in a team that was still pretty confident after winning the league. he has become a world beater while he has been out injured and an awful lot of fans seem to think he will be the answer to all our prayers. i wouldn't be shocked to see him struggle a bit when he comes back in. 

His good start is in the past now, like everything else - the title, our form etc.

When he comes back in, I will have no huge expectations. 

Just like for this team, it will be start again for him too.

It would not be at all surprising if he struggled.

In terms of the last 3 months, his injury I think was very significant.

But yes, when he comes back in, the bright start he made may well mean fuck all, the way this team is going.

He'll be coming back into a team with Wolves form.

12 hours ago, skaro said:

His good start is in the past now, like everything else - the title, our form etc.

When he comes back in, I will have no huge expectations. 

Just like for this team, it will be start again for him too.

It would not be at all surprising if he struggled.

In terms of the last 3 months, his injury I think was very significant.

But yes, when he comes back in, the bright start he made may well mean fuck all, the way this team is going.

He'll be coming back into a team with Wolves form.

Wolves for flatters us at the moment. Aren't we running at a point a game since WBA? That's relegation form. 

Just now, skaro said:

I still think it's Van Dijk's injury.

The team got some good results for 2 months, but eventually a loss like that tells over a season. He was the catalyst signing and the team's infrastructure depends on him; playing a higher line, trusting him on 1v1s or even 2v1s so full backs bomb on, and you can partner anyone alongside him without any concerns.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I still think it's Van Dijk's injury.

The team got some good results for 2 months, but eventually a loss like that tells over a season. He was the catalyst signing and the team's infrastructure depends on him; playing a higher line, trusting him on 1v1s or even 2v1s so full backs bomb on, and you can partner anyone alongside him without any concerns.

You could very well be right.

Him and Jota have both gone tits up as far as this season is concerned anyway, so my contention was probably a bit pointless on reflection.