You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

He won’t be back until the end of February, coupled with the CB situation it will no longer matter at that point as we will all be just praying for the seasons end.

Yeah, I was told today we'll be lucky to see him in February. In fact there's supposedly a worry it's much worse than originally thought.  Hoping that's bullshit, but I've no reason to suspect it it. 

I think the club and Jurgen have downplayed it because it didn't make any sense playing him against those cloggers around the time Jurgen was on the tv more than Philip Schofield moaning about having no rest. Also, as a general rule we are as medically forthcoming as the Chinese Covid Deflection Unit.

Interesting piece in the Athletic today. Apparently the early fear over Jota’s injury was that he would be out for the season. 

Fucking hell, imagine the reaction if we lost him for the season after playing in a dead rubber against those Danish cloggers. Thank fuck he’s due back in a few weeks. 

35 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

There's got to be other players out there who improve our front three for sure. Hope we get a couple of them in summer.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bfp5ft8cfufupls4anp

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

tenor.gif?itemid=5120764

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3rfriq2l3ltvq0sp8m

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493brqskk7x6flll5urgbp

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

• Upvote 4

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

Even after Virgil went down, we were going OK and Jota was absolutely flying.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

I reckon we'd be maybe 10 points better off, and still in it.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, skaro said:

I genuinely believe the Jota injury is THE biggest thing that has happened this season.

He stays fit, rotating through the front 3, and suddenly Bob, Mo and Mane are fresher, and our forward links up have more variety/less predictability.

It was mind boggling playing a player/new signing in the form he was in, in a glorified friendly in Jutland.

What's worse is we kept him on after the injury 

9 hours ago, skaro said:

Yep - Jurgen's biggest mistake of the season by a long way, all the more so because the risk was so obvious.