You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm pretty sure klopp called thiago a knock. I know he likes.to play things down, but it could also be a question of his use of english. Klopp may use "knock" as any impact injury, whereas I think we are used to it meaning you've been kicked, it's nothing serious and it won't involve missing more than a game or two. 

Knock knock

Who's there?

Injury crisis 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This would be fair if other top clubs hadn't also played some of their best players in games of equivalent stakes or if Jota had played loads of football recently. None of what Klopp did, except for playing Salah 90 minutes, was unusual at all. 

And he'll get enough unwarranted stick for this from all corners, don't you worry. His legitimate complaints about broadcasters giving clubs time slots that make no sense and that increase the risk of injuries will now be invalid because a player who had played 17 minutes in 12 days got a contact injury. 

One slight flaw in your argument is that we have 4 good attackers fighting for 3 positions. City and Bayern have 6.

Klopp can't moan about players playing too many games and then play players in a completely meaningless dead rubber. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

One slight flaw in your argument is that we have 4 good attackers fighting for 3 positions. City and Bayern have 6.

Klopp can't moan about players playing too many games and then play players in a completely meaningless dead rubber. 

Exactly, we have 4 attackers, so who else is he supposed to play? A kid from the u18's? Origi and Minamino we're already starting. Glatzel and Joe Hardy were injured too, he couldn't have even done that. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Exactly, we have 4 attackers, so who else is he supposed to play? A kid from the u18's? Origi and Minamino we're already starting. Even Glatzel and Joe Hardy were injured. 

Anybody that we aren't going to need over the next few weeks. He could have played Cain in midfield and pushed Minamino further forward. This was the perfect game to give the entire first team a week off and have them fresh for the games ahead.

We have now have a quick turnaround between Spurs and Crystal Palace where we won't have the opportunity to rest anybody. 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Anybody that we aren't going to need over the next few weeks. He could have played Cain in midfield and pushed Minamino further forward. This was the perfect game to give the entire first team a week off and have them fresh for the games ahead.

We have now have a quick turnaround between Spurs and Crystal Palace where we won't have the opportunity to rest anybody. 

Even if you do that, you're still starting either Salah, Jota, Mane or Firmino in the other spot as there is no other option. And starting someone who'd barely played in two weeks was fine. No one is going to convince me that was illogical. People are a bit hysterical he got injured, I get it. Doesn't make what Klopp did wrong and it doesn't make him a hypocrite. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Even if you do that, you're still starting either Salah, Jota, Mane or Firmino in the other spot as there is no other option. And starting someone who'd barely played in two weeks was fine. No one is going to convince me that was illogical. People are a bit hysterical he got injured, I get it. Doesn't make what Klopp did wrong and it doesn't make him a hypocrite. 

Liam Miller? Layton Stewart? 

We have got plenty of options at under 23 level? 

We obviously aren't going to agree on this. If you can't see why risking players in a meaningless game when we've already got an injury hit squad then so be it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Liam Miller? Layton Stewart? 

We have got plenty of options at under 23 level? 

We obviously aren't going to agree on this. If you can't see why risking players in a meaningless game when we've already got an injury hit squad then so be it. 

We won't. One last question for you: knowing how important rhythm is in football, would it not be weird for a player we count on like Jota to only play 17 minutes between Nov 28 and Dec 13? 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

No.

What is weird is it seems we now cannot count on him to play 5 minutes between now and February.

So, turns and roundabouts

That was rhetorical. It's not normal for important players in a squad, who are fit, to play so little in a span of two weeks. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We won't. One last question for you: knowing how important rhythm is in football, would it not be weird for a player we count on like Jota to only play 17 minutes between Nov 28 and Dec 13? 

No because he could have played 60 to 90 minutes tomorrow.

I'd have preferred him to be a bit rusty against Fulham than not to be able to play again for months. 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

No because he could have played 60 to 90 minutes tomorrow.

I'd have preferred him to be a bit rusty against Fulham than not to be able to play again for months. 

Ok, so we know more about the science of squad management and getting players in the right form and rhythm than Klopp does now. Sound. That's alright. I get it. 

I would have and wanted him to do a Villa in the league cup on the game but when you look at what happened when he took Fabinho off, we looked crap. Had he not played some of the senior lads we would have got battered and thats not really good for the kids is it?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've been told off because I use the word "poorly" for everything from a bit of a sniffle to advanced stages of cancer.  Me and Klopp are like peas in a pod.

AngryofTuebrook on the A&E ward: “I’m sorry to tell you that your husband really is very, very poorly. In fact, I’d go so far as to say he’s been in the wars something rotten. But if you can just go through to the waiting area, we’re going to give him some medicine.”

• Upvote 1