You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m having a Francesinha to celebrate, which on paper sounds like the nicest thing to ever leave a kitchen., but in actuality, well I’ll let your imagination do the rest...

3745259A-A40F-435F-B0E8-B394C6501D9A.png

Fucking Hell.  My arteries were hardening just looking at that, then I noticed there's half a cherry tomato on top, so it's almost a salad, really.

• Upvote 8

Liverpool’s talks with Wolves for Diogo Jota are at an “advanced stage”, according to a report. News emerged earlier on Friday that Liverpool had registered their interest in Jota as an alternative target to Watford’s Ismaila Sarr.

And after the Premier League champions confirmed the signing of Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich, it appears they could soon complete another deal. According to Paul Joyce of The Times, talks with Wolves for Jota are advancing. The deal will be worth more than £35m.

Wolves will sign defender Ki-Jana Hoever from Liverpool in return in a separate deal worth around £10m. Jota would become the next high-profile signing at Anfield after the arrival of Thiago, who was unveiled as a new Liverpool player on Friday.

Jota signed for Wolves in 2018 from Atletico Madrid, after a loan spell at Molineux in the previous campaign. He has scored 44 goals for Nuno Espirito Santo’s side in all competitions. Last term, he netted 16 goals and provided six assists in 48 games.

The 23-year-old could now provide competition for Liverpool’s famous front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah. Jota was absent from Wolves’ squad for their Carabao Cup defeat to Stoke in midweek. Nuno Espirito Santo gave little away about the reasoning.

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's the Werner alternative in that he's a striker but you wouldn't say he would play striker for us. He's very much a wide forward in the Mané and Salah mould. I think he's like for like for Mané, but maybe he could play Firmino's position as well. Works hard and is good technically so we might try him centrally too.

I'm not a football manager so who knows, but I'd be surprised to see him playing through the middle in our usual formation. I don't know enough about Werner to comment, but I was under the impression he'd be more capable of playing that role. 

I did wonder why he didn't play at the weekend. Surprised they're letting him go so cheaply.

I was saying good things about him 18 months ago, of course.

On 16/03/2019 at 21:30, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Jota finally looks like the player I thought I was putting in my Fantasy Football team at the start of the season.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking Hell.  My arteries were hardening just looking at that, then I noticed there's half a cherry tomato on top, so it's almost a salad, really.

My readin’ ain’t so great nowadays but here’s the ingredients, I’m pretty sure that’s what they call ‘clean food’ in polite circles...

ADC8F99D-10A3-43F0-9157-6C4CDC6EA51E.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I'm not a football manager so who knows, but I'd be surprised to see him playing through the middle in our usual formation. I don't know enough about Werner to comment, but I was under the impression he'd be more capable of playing that role. 

Werner would be playing wide like Mané and Salah do. He's a wide forward usually, not a pure #9 who plays on his own up front. Jota will presumably do that as well which is why I said he's the Werner alternative but he also has interesting qualities to spell Firmino too, I feel. We'll see.

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Diogo sounds like a misspelling of Diego, and Jota sounds like an incessant scribbler. As such I’m amending his Christian name to Dingo. Should he sign I shall henceforth be calling him Dingo.

In that case, he's just going to end up being called Ronnie

Very happy to see that he can finish comfortably with either foot. How many times in the last couple of seasons did we all end up screaming at the TV when Salah couldn't finish with his right foot, or simply refused to even try?

49 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Allison

TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robertson

Fabinho-Thiago

Salah-Kieta-Mane

Bobby

Subs:

Adrian

Nico

Matip

Tsimikas

Henderson

Milner

Gini

Jota

Minamino

Origi

Ox

That's a good squad. Will be disappointed with anything less than 2 trophies this season. Still think we need a first choice CB alongside VVD apart from Gomez and then we literally have 2 strong XIs

No way Hendo isn’t in the first XI.

• Upvote 3