You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Neil Young & Crazy Horse vs Eagles

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Neil Young & Crazy Horse vs Eagles   

47 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - Round 2 - Neil Young & Crazy Horse vs Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/20 at 17:59

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jesus. I'm surprised at this coming from you. 

Neil Young and Crazy Horse make music to keep you awake, at least; it's far more than The Eagles ever did.

Suffice to say that when John Peel discovered punk in the late Seventies he cited Neil Young and Captain Beefheart as the only older acts he still wanted to listen to because they "make mistakes". The Eagles don't make mistakes: they are the acme of polished corporate blandness. 

I'm not a fan of either of them tbh Mal. I just find Neil Young's voice like nails on a chalkboard for some reason. 

This tournament has shown everyone up, most haven't got a clue who half the bands are yet vote anyway.

Neil Young and CH over Eagles? Lord above.

Next tournament should be the best Stock Aiken and Waterman single or best volume of Now that's what I call music*,  play to the audience and all that.

*for me it was volume 13 in 1988.

• Upvote 2

Like 'em or loathe them there is no denying the influence of the Eagles - thousands of buskers are making a living off them.

Likewise NY & CH, big influences

Both bands could well have been quarter finalists at the least while much lesser bands get through to the next round.

I tend think future contests should be run like the Champions League (excuse F* on the GF) or Wimbledon, with the bands being separated into groups so that match-up like this and others could be avoided.

If UEFA  & FIFA  can do it, it can't be that difficult to have seedings.

3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Like 'em or loathe them there is no denying the influence of the Eagles - thousands of buskers are making a living off them.

Likewise NY & CH, big influences

Both bands could well have been quarter finalists at the least while much lesser bands get through to the next round.

I tend think future contests should be run like the Champions League (excuse F* on the GF) or Wimbledon, with the bands being separated into groups so that match-up like this and others could be avoided.

If UEFA  & FIFA  can do it, it can't be that difficult to have seedings.

I've already explained why this isn't happening on my watch. It would be fucking boring. 

If you voted against the Eagles in this you are a cunt. Also you are the reason I am leaving Neil Young out of the solo acts tournament because people have voted for Neil Young here not Neil Young & Crazy Horse. 

I might just put the Eagles through on a technicality. I'm serious as well. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Eagles are a great band but they do not exist without the Byrds/CS&N(Y) roots that Neil helped create. Also worth noting that Neil continued to create whereas Eagles burned out and then didn't fade away.

And he played his entire catalog with Crazy Horse.

The Eagles are still going strong and selling out arenas all over the world so take your bollocks elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've already explained why this isn't happening on my watch. It would be fucking boring. 

If you voted against the Eagles in this you are a cunt. Also you are the reason I am leaving Neil Young out of the solo acts tournament because people have voted for Neil Young here not Neil Young & Crazy Horse. 

I might just put the Eagles through on a technicality. I'm serious as well. 

After all your hard work, you should just announce Oasis & Journey the respective winners & be done with it.

• Upvote 2

On 16/09/2020 at 15:42, Bjornebye said:

people have voted for Neil Young here not Neil Young & Crazy Horse. 

Trumpian. "My side didn’t win, so the vote must have been corrupt."

Leaving aside Young's solo stuff, Mook and I have listed some Neil Young & Crazy Horse albums which piss all over the best of the Eaglles' output, ironically from a great height.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Trumpian. "My side didn’t win, so the vote must have been corrupt."

Leaving aside Young's solo stuff, Mook and I have listed some Neil Young & Crazy Horse albums which piss all over the best of the Eaglles' output, ironically from a great height.

Stop chatting shite.