You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pandora's Box Arcade

Furmedge

Does anybody have one of these? Thinking of getting my 8 year old* the tabletop version for his birthday but prices range between £120 and £180 depending on the model. Most hold between 2500-3000 games but can't find much online with regards to reviews. He loves playing retro games and has the SNES reissue and Master System already.

*I mean, it's for his birthday but I'm going to bladder it working from home the next few months.

61VMKilOniL._AC_SX425_.jpg

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I reckon my kids would absolutely love that, assuming it was anything like realistic of course

I've got an app downloaded to my fire stick which has access to thousands of roms I download and use a PS4 controller and works well. But this looks more arcade like and my lad would love it, especially with 3k games already pre-loaded.

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Is it legal? From what I can make out, it's a board with joysticks built in, probably running some fork of MAME and you have to download the ROMs yourself.

The box is legal, the downloads are a grey area.....

There are providers that pre-load the box for you and have direct 3k games, and some other sellers give you access to an online catalogue of a further 10k which you can download 500 of.

I've seen a few videos online, and have an app myself that runs through my firestick. Bladdered 1942, Sensible Soccer and Wrestlefest during lockdown.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's good. I've been thinking about getting something like this for a while, but I've become too accustomed to the easy trappings of modern gaming. Retro games kick my arse, so I'd probably have to savescum a bit.

You need a bit of that.

• 2 weeks later...

This might help - https://atariage.com/forums/topic/275990-considering-buying-a-pandoras-box-recommendations/

I get all my retro fill from my Wii which I modded years ago and plays Snes, Nes, Megadrive, Neo Geo and PC Engine games. 

I've also modded my two PS Vitas which are both full of retro games. They're good for a quick blast. I've spent the past hour playing Neo Geo and PC Engine games ( see picture of Die Hard! Though I don't remember the scene from the film set in a jungle).

If you've got an older PS3 or Xbox they're supposed to be pretty easy to set up, or a PC. 

But modding and stuff can be a bit of a ball ache. Most of the fun is in the accomplishment, more than the playing. 

To be honest I barely play much more than Sensi Soccer these days. 

IMG20200926210432.jpg