You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 20/9/20 - Premier League

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, skaro said:

I guess, in fairness, the containment job probably doesn't count as "highlights", whereas two good touches from an expensive signing does - that's where it's the job of BBC's masterful panel of critics to point out Fabinho's dominance, and I'm guessing they didn't, of course.

There was at least one superb tackle that I thought would make the cut.

Chelsea can bitch about that red card all they want, up until then they had barely created anything and seemed scared of us. We kept the ball far better even in that first half than we did against Leeds. Fabinho didnt put a foot wrong, dont think I've seen someone play out of position yet look so calm and relaxed, especially against a player tipped to be one of the league's top scorers. 

Glad that we've rattled them for Lampard to play an ultra cautious game against us. I barely even noticed Havertz playing so hopefully Lampard has no idea what to do with him. We've put them in their place early on in the season and put a lot of doubt in their mind as to whether they are good enough to challenge for the title. They were mouthing off in the press during the week how they were going to couse us problems.

Second half was great, just treated them like a warm up game and it was good to get Thiago on for some minutes. 

Class. Chelsea will do okay due to sheer force of weight of their talented players (Werner will put his head down a lot and run, sheer odds mean this will lead to goals) but Lampard ain't got a tactical bone in his body, that was clear in the way they set up against us. It says more about the quality of the league that they and the mancs will probably finish top four, when they come up against us/city and decent European opposition though they'll get a slap.