You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 20/9/20 - Premier League

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Hey hey, come on. As with fellow club legend and highly promising Premier League manager Ole Solksjaer, Frank Lampard needs a lot of time to sculpt this Chelsea team into something capable of sustained dominance. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think Abramovic will cut him the slack Ole gets. When he realises that Lampard ain’t going to cut it he won’t hesitate to jib him. 

• Like 1

Nice, it's always good to beat chelsea especially at their own back yard.

The game was effectively over when Kepa passed the ball to Mane for the 2nd. Or so it seemed because you just know when we have it easy, we start pissing about, piling forward and leave ourselves exposed.

I hope we get pens like chelsea did today. That was more a collision between Thiago and Werner who, took 2 steps then went down in installments. Ive little problem with them being given provided they aint just given to united and one or two others.

Alli has been in the spotlight a little for some of the goals he conceeded and the community shield shoot out. No worries, the big man saved comfortably and even for a keeper of his stature, that will boost his confidence. Not only that, we had 2 men to hoof the rebound clear.

chelsea can have no complaints about the result. Just how the ref needed VAR to send of Christensen for that assault I dont know. I saw some say maybe he thought Kepa was getting their first but I think that's being generous. Anyway VAR and the ref eventually made the right call even if we were well on top during the first half.

chelsea looked scared of us or maybe just overawed? Who cares?

I thought we over complicated some things today when there really was no need. neville called it on one free kick where we pissed about and wasted it.

Thiago looks a rolls royce, penalty aside he didnt put a foot wrong. Im worried about Bobby. There was no movement, no urgency and no accuracy from him and I love Bobby. Same with Naby. 2nd half was perfect for him to grab the game by the scruff of its neck but he couldnt. keep saying I want him to succeed but how long do you give the lad?

Hopefully, Hendo's injury isnt serious. Fucking incredible we have another tough fixture against arsenal when some of these teams have been given piss easy starts. I know you play everyone twice but stop fucking about with the fixtures.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

So do we still need another CB? Fab seems fantastic in that position in every game he's played there.

I would rather we use any remaining money elsewhere. I don’t know what goes on in training, of course, but now we’ve got Thiago, I’d be inclined to use Fabinho more often, especially against teams with a dangerous focal point up top - as good as Gomez is, he’s not the finished article and doesn’t carry the same imperious calm.

Werner obviously isn’t of the same class as Lewandowski, but Fabinho has kept them both out when stepping in, and once without Van Dijk next to him.