You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) 20/9/20 - Premier League

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Depends. I don't think Klopp is uncomfortable with that scenario, but we'll see by the end of the window. I'm not saying just you specifically because there's a large portion of the fanbase that feels the same, but objectively I really don't think just because he's a midfielder by trade, that there's much difference between Fabinho playing CB and buying a CB that will accept being 4th choice. Again, we'll see after today and after Oct 5th.

Suppose so.

For my money though it is more of a problem because of how fragile 2 of the 3 are.

In Oct and Nov the international breaks will see Ingerlund play 3 games in each break as opposed to usual 2.

So Gomez if he is to play all the scheduled games for us and them in Oct would be required to play on 3rd, 8th, 11th, 14th and 17th Oct....5 games in 14 days....same again Nov - I just can't see him managing it and can we rely on Matip being fit when we need him?

Virgil will face same schedule and even though he is tough, it will stretch even him.

As seen today we are down to emergency centre half starting with zero cover on bench a week in.

But as you say we'll see.

Fucking hate Chelsea, they were always Wimbledon with lipstick, third rate club of knuckledraggers with a penchant for anti-football. 

I hope we bum them royally, Frank goes home and finds Christine bleakly in bed with Adrian chiles, then James O'brien calls him from an anonymous number and tells him it's his fault for being a cunt.

• Upvote 5

Wouldn't be too worried with Fab at the back in home games or away games where we are on top , but this is probably the worst fixture for it to occur, with quick, clever runners coming at us. On the other hand if he copes easily enough today it bodes well for the great majority of games going forward.