You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Film/TV Opinion Amnesty Thread

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

First Blood is more of an anti-Vietnam film I would've thought.

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Long time since I saw it. Just remember being bored for that one to be fair. 

Yeah, it’s a real study of PTSD and the horrors of war and a look at the police services staffed by incompetent blowhards.

Objectively it’s a really good film.

What followed was genuine shite, concluding with Rambo: The Home Alone Edition.

If you think Death Race is funny stoned watch the new Rambo for comedic value, it’s so fucking bad.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, it’s a real study of PTSD and the horrors of war and a look at the police services staffed by incompetent blowhards.

Objectively it’s a really good film.

What followed was genuine shite, concluding with Rambo: The Home Alone Edition.

If you think death race is funny stoned watch the new Rambo for comedic value, it’s so fucking bad.

Yep, it wasn't supposed to lead to sequels either, Rambo dies at the end of the book.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Really?

That would have made more sense and, I think, made the film better.

Yep- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood_(novel)

After the success of the film, the author wrote a really cringeworthy introduction to the next novel where he 'explained' why Rambo survived. He should have just said he did it for cash.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I'm not watching any more Rambo, Bruce. Fuck that. 

I watched it on a plane as I’d seen everything else worth watching.

The first forty five minutes is some of the bleakest shit about human trafficking, genuinely bleak, they went for the ‘more is more approach’. This is followed by a ‘normal’ action film section. Then, this is the key bit, it becomes Home Alone with heavy weaponry, it really has to be seen to be believed how utterly fucking stupid it is. The final kick in the cunt of an ending is so utterly needless that it tipped me over the edge in to full on anger that I’d wasted a small part of my finite time on this rock watching it.

I’m angry again now just thinking about it, never getting that time back, never! 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I watched it on a plane as I’d seen everything else worth watching.

The first forty five minutes is some of the bleakest shit about human trafficking, genuinely bleak, they went for the ‘more is more approach’. This is followed by a ‘normal’ action film section. Then, this is the key bit, it becomes home alone with heavy weaponry, it really has to be seen to be believed how utterly fucking stupid it is. The final kick in the cunt of an ending is so utterly needless that it tipped me over the edge in to full on anger that I’d wasted a small part of my finite time on this rock watching it.

Is there a big speech about freedom and USA? 

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I watch every single version of a Christmas Carol I can every year, I particularly love the musical with Albert Finney, the Alister Sim version and of course A Muppets Christmas Carol.

I thought the recent BBC version was shite.

Really? I genuinely enjoyed it, although the mixed race couple with white kids and magical negro aspect of it was pretty stupid.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Agreed! Can't stand him the angry hun cunt! As Micky Flanagan said 'Gordon, it's just a bit of dinner mate!'

I was saying I like watching them.....

But I agree fully with the bit in bold. I'd fucking despite him if I knew him in real life. 

Dunkirk. The John Mills one was much better. 1917. Gallipoli was much better.

Only my opinion. 
Maharishi Ali ruined True Detective with his mumbling incoherent accent.

Roger Moore was better than Connery as Bond. 
Daniel Craig is in no way attractive.

Will Smiths kids are fucking awful in everything they do.

Meryl Streep is a cunt as is her daughter Mamie ( I did it on my own ) Gummer.

Tom Hiddlestone’s impressions are shite and he is a cunt too.
Orange is the New Black was awful.

Hamilton is utter rubbish.

I could go on.

• Upvote 1