You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Film/TV Opinion Amnesty Thread

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

I tried watching It's A Wonderful Life again a couple of years back, my hatred of Christmas coupled with the fact that it is a shouty load of bollocks is not a good mix. I hate it.

Ha ha. As I’ve said before, I reckon you’ll grow to like Christmas when your kids are old enough to appreciate it.

Nolan peaked at Momento. Nothing he has done since is anywhere near close. Oh and for those people who think that Inception is a clever movie then I can only assume that you are retarded.

I like Taskmaster. For some reason some folk think that it is wank.

I think that F is for Family and Rick and Morty are both massively better than the Simpsons which has been shit for more than a decade.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yeah Yeah whatever. Don’t start an amnesty thread if you are then going to get cross about the responses. The clue is in the title. 

The amnesty thread just means you cant get negged for it. Chatting absolute fucking shite will always be pulled up. 

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Goodfellas, I just didn't get the love for it. In fact just apply that across the board for mafia movies. Overlong and the same storyline but with different actors.

I don't agree as I think its one of the best films of all time but Goodfellas (Unlike many others) is all a true story. Same for Donnie Brasco. 

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Goodfellas, I just didn't get the love for it. In fact just apply that across the board for mafia movies. Overlong and the same storyline but with different actors.

I don't rate Goodfellas that highly myself,felt more like a black comedy and didnt have the tension other mob films do.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Copland was excellent, much helped by Keitel, Liotta and others

If I was the kind of person like 'Remmie' that ignored 'amnesty' in an amnesty thread, I'd neg you for Seinfeld, you philistine. But I am not that person. Friends hasn't aged well though and was pretty shit anyway. 

Star Wars was and always has been utter shit. 

Most movie remakes are fucking crap, why don't we paint over the Mona Lisa and dress her in modern clothing while we are at it. 

I don't really want to ever associate with the kind of people that don't feel the warmth from the movie 'it's a wonderful life'

• Upvote 2