You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius or Adrian?

Code

Who will be our number two?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our number two this season.

• Karius
    • Adrian

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That's a bit harsh,he did have some decent games but we still shouldn't be arguing over which back up goalie is less shit when we are national and world club champions. It's a bit ridiculous to be honest.

Did he? Southampton away in the league cup semi final but I can’t remember another one.

I don’t think they both are shite, I think Adrian is sufficient. 

5 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

We won with Dudek, we didn’t with Reina. We won with Traore, we didn’t with Babbel. 

Not sure this logic is quite as strong as you think, mate. 

Adrian was the direct cause for us not going through, Karius saved us against Sevilla, difference.

52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

His refusal to being wrong , ever, is legendary 

Wrong about what? Its a question about who our second choice keeper will be.

I have a feeling Klopp will go with the player who was once his first choice keeper, not a West Ham reserve.

I liked Adrian at first and he’s a far better keeper than Karius.  There’s no getting away from it though he fucked up in the Chelsea game and the Atletico game.  He didn’t show any humility really after it either.  Don’t get me wrong he didn’t go straight on Instagram and start posting his latest model photos either but he was at fault and should have been up front about it.  I’d like to see another back up come in but it’s not easy.

Karius has never showed any talent in goal for us but Code clearly nailed his colours to the mast early doors and refuses to accept he’s out and out Shite and the worst first choice keeper we’ve had in decades even when it’s staring him in the face.  He was that poor in his first run he got replaced by Mignolet.  Second time around he had Van Dijk in front of him and he got away with it for a bit longer.  The signs were there and we all just ignored them and it came home to roost in that champions league final.  He’s unprofessional is the only conclusion you can take from his performances.  He’s an arrogant twat as well.  A parasite who I hope the club are considering just paying up his contract so he’s not around the training pitch infecting any players around him with his mentality.

Some people say he’s never recovered from the CL final and that’s the reason he shouldn’t even be entertained as a squad member and that’s fair enough.  Personally I think the level he’s been at since the final is level he always was.  Get him fucked off.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It would be nice if the Karius stuff could just stay about him being a bad goalkeeper, though. There's never been any indication that the social media stuff has been problematic, that he has a bad mentality, that he's a "parasite", a bad teammate, a criminal, etc. That side of it is weird. 

You can’t be too careful though. I want the team kept away from him just in case he’s a real life Jonah. I imagine boats sinking when he walks past them at a marina and people he said hello to that day being involved in car accidents. I feel that’s proportionate.

• Upvote 4

I accept that Adrian was terrible in the cups, but he was a very able deputy in the league apart from a couple of clangers.  He played a huge part in our early season and it seems like this has been forgotten - losing Allison could have completely destroyed our league challenge.  He deserves his league medal and who are we going to get that is any better?

Karius isn't even a footballer - a terrible player.

29 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

I accept that Adrian was terrible in the cups, but he was a very able deputy in the league apart from a couple of clangers.  He played a huge part in our early season and it seems like this has been forgotten - losing Allison could have completely destroyed our league challenge.  He deserves his league medal and who are we going to get that is any better?

Karius isn't even a footballer - a terrible player.

We won every single game during that run at the beginning of the season, the first game we dropped points was Alissons first game back against the red mancs. 

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Thinking Karius is a good keeper. You are probably the only person in the entire world who thinks this or at least thought it, who would know ? you are incapable of holding your hands up, its never happened, it’s bizarre.

I have said he's better than Adrian, who is abysmal.

My Dad & I were talking to German friends of a friend when we beat Arsenal 4-0 the other season (early in the season when Salah ran the length of the pitch). We were saying Karius was shite but they were adamant he was a good keeper.

He obviously has / had something. If Klopp liked him and other German football fans rated him, he couldn’t have been a total write off. 

But we’ve not seen anything playing for us. Nothing at all. Remember how he just stayed on his line for every cross ball? 

But it this way - if Alisson goes off injured again tomorrow (and let’s hope he doesn’t), I don’t think anybody wants to see Karius come on.