You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karius or Adrian?

Code

Who will be our number two?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our number two this season.

• Karius
    • Adrian

FB_IMG_1599775285028.thumb.jpg.ea1ee0be12424152d248337a366c7c9b.jpg

Kelleher: Too relaxed, hands aren't open yet for the grab, slow to react. Will probably spill the ball. 

FB_IMG_1599775288181.jpg.127fd363d0942d5e33fd3a89f0064a02.jpg

Adrian: Focused, ready to make the save, maybe slightly panicked though. Makes the save but lies down with the ball for a few seconds. 

FB_IMG_1599775297717.thumb.jpg.20a53056400c3fb0894c26e99b9453f3.jpg

Alisson: Cool, focused, doesn't waste time taking a knee or going to ground, so immediately ready to make the quick pass. 

FB_IMG_1599775311674.jpg.bf1e98c6a13dc954901c4080839fcec4.jpg

Karius: AAAAAHHHHHGGGGHHHH

• Upvote 6

Felt for Karius a bit, a talented young goalie of some reputation in Germany prior to arriving here, then got injured in pre-season and nothing has gone right for him since. 

I think Adrian will be second choice, needs to cut out the shit he went on with in his second spell deputising for Alisson though hopefully he won't be needed again for any important games 

• Upvote 1

I think we all know Jurgen threw Karius into the team far too early. Yes, Mig was always likely to drop a bollock but he was in form when Jurgen ditched him and made Karius his first choice. The lad just looked overawed most of the time to me.

At the end of the day, is what Adrian did against Atleti much different to Karius against Real? It's pretty clear, I think, that Karius doesnt have a career at Anfield unless a miracle or disaster happens, take you pick!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think we all know Jurgen threw Karius into the team far too early. Yes, Mig was always likely to drop a bollock but he was in form when Jurgen ditched him and made Karius his first choice. The lad just looked overawed most of the time to me.

At the end of the day, is what Adrian did against Atleti much different to Karius against Real? It's pretty clear, I think, that Karius doesnt have a career at Anfield unless a miracle or disaster happens, take you pick!

Both are not good enough and I don’t want either near the club let alone first team. 

Karius’ peak was better than Adrians though. 

Whilst I'm not happy that Adrian messed up last season in the C/L he did put in some reasonable performances during the season. 

Karius just needs fucking off now. Skint or not terminate his contract and let him go be a model in Germany. 

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

FB_IMG_1599775285028.thumb.jpg.ea1ee0be12424152d248337a366c7c9b.jpg

Kelleher: Too relaxed, hands aren't open yet for the grab, slow to react. Will probably spill the ball. 

FB_IMG_1599775288181.jpg.127fd363d0942d5e33fd3a89f0064a02.jpg

Adrian: Focused, ready to make the save, maybe slightly panicked though. Makes the save but lies down with the ball for a few seconds. 

FB_IMG_1599775297717.thumb.jpg.20a53056400c3fb0894c26e99b9453f3.jpg

Alisson: Cool, focused, doesn't waste time taking a knee or going to ground, so immediately ready to make the quick pass. 

FB_IMG_1599775311674.jpg.bf1e98c6a13dc954901c4080839fcec4.jpg

Karius: AAAAAHHHHHGGGGHHHH

Technically Adrian is in the best position of all in those photos,he has his two surfaces behind the ball while Alisson risks it slipping out of his hands and between his legs.

2 hours ago, Code said:

We reached the CL final with Karius, with Adrian we dropped out in the first knockout round to Atletico.

We won with Dudek, we didn’t with Reina. We won with Traore, we didn’t with Babbel. 

Not sure this logic is quite as strong as you think, mate. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Code did. 

Adrian did well for periods of last season. He made some great saves early in the season in close games (Southampton & Chelsea spring to mind - although he obviously dropped a bollock at Southampton as well) but he was a factor in our good form early on. 

Our form with Karius was always despite of him, he never contributed to it. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

Adrian did well for periods of last season. He made some great saves early in the season in close games (Southampton & Chelsea spring to mind - although he obviously dropped a bollock at Southampton as well) but he was a factor in our good form early on. 

Our form with Karius was always despite of him, he never contributed to it. 

That's a bit harsh,he did have some decent games but we still shouldn't be arguing over which back up goalie is less shit when we are national and world club champions. It's a bit ridiculous to be honest.