You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Best of luck with it, Shitty, just avoid the newspapers down under as well if you want to keep your blood pressure down.

Haha, I know, Australia isn't far behind here – but at least they've just elected a vaguely progressive government. And it's well sunny there.

5 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

I'm moving to Australia next year. My wife is from Sydney so it's always been on the cards. But as well as the massive fucking spiders, one thing which always had us both wavering was just how closed minded (and racist) the place seemed, even compared to the UK.

But I'm just completely done with this country now - we have arguably the most despicable government of my lifetime (and I grew up in the 80s) just riding roughshod over any semblance of fairness, clamping down on any avenues that could be used to criticise them. And all with the backing of 90% of the supposedly free press. Just cannot wait to get the fuck out of here...

We were looking at emigrating about 15 years ago, my wife's job would have gotten us in, however she got pregnant with our second and we put it on the back burner and never revisited it.

Now I do wish we'd gotten the fuck off of this shitty island.

2 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

Haha, I know, Australia isn't far behind here – but at least they've just elected a vaguely progressive government. And it's well sunny there.

Try and get through customs with loads of food, herbs, stuffed animals, knives and stuff. Every other cunt seems to do it. 

I got asked at a customs desk in Sydney did I have a harpoon with me. I gave a sarcastic look at my bag and said "erm no" and his eyes basically said he will fuck me up and put me right back on a plane if I don't shut my cheeky mouth right away. I think I might have even whimpered "sorry" 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The new Chief of General Staff for the army is on the tellybox now taliking about land wars in Europe and his only priority is mobilization of the army, it's reservists and citizens.

He is 'not mobilizing to provoke war but to prevent it.'

Sound.

He can mobilise his sister's ass, the posh tallyho twat.

• Upvote 1

Just your standard Times journalist and editor of Reaction magazine  Iain Martin. 

The excerpts are from the other piece on the Spanish Civil War rather than the one with Charlie Chaplin. 

In many ways I feel today’s political climate echoes the lead up to the outbreak of the rebellion in 1936. 

Anyone interested Paul Preston is a Liverpool born historian and author of some repute who’s produced huge works on Spain and the civil war in particular. 

He actually states in a preface to one of his works that Spanish Civil War continues to be fought on paper given the volume of work produced in the nearly 100 years since. 

24B45000-16C1-41F7-9680-F11594A87F88.jpeg

6225E884-2437-4BCB-B9FF-6536FB3AA513.jpeg

BBC9F5EC-AC70-46A7-A8B8-ACEE227FCAF6.jpeg

BBB41389-EE24-4366-A2FF-86553A032FB0.jpeg

On 22/06/2022 at 09:43, sh#t waffle said:

I'm moving to Australia next year. My wife is from Sydney so it's always been on the cards. But as well as the massive fucking spiders, one thing which always had us both wavering was just how closed minded (and racist) the place seemed, even compared to the UK.

But I'm just completely done with this country now - we have arguably the most despicable government of my lifetime (and I grew up in the 80s) just riding roughshod over any semblance of fairness, clamping down on any avenues that could be used to criticise them. And all with the backing of 90% of the supposedly free press. Just cannot wait to get the fuck out of here...

You lucky bastard!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Seconded. 

Also the Ozzies have just voted for a labour government.

We were there for three months earlier in the year, coming back the week after the election. We'd made up our minds about the move well before, but Labour getting in definitely helped convince us we'd made the right decision.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 09:43, sh#t waffle said:

Yeah but the fucking spiders. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yeah but the fucking spiders. 

Met our friends from Adelaide in Paris when they were visiting Europe, and while having a meal outside a bistro a medium-sized spider crawled onto the table. The wife pushed her chair back that violently she ended up knocking a child over on the table behind, and the husband ran away from the table and hurdled a small fence surrounding the gaff while squealing like a little girl. I put the spider calmly onto a napkin and put it onto the pavement and my wife just looked on agog at the carrying on out of them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Dont know where to put this. Little girl aged 9, playing in a street in Boston, Lincolnshire, stabbed to death yesterday. 2 people arrested, not her parents either. Really, WTF is going on?

The same as has always gone on, probably much less so

(although I’d have to do a bit of checking to confirm that)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tory MPs passed a significant step towards Fascism last night. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/19/van-gogh-sunflowers-just-stop-oil-tactics 

The Public Order Bill seems fucking horrible. I've not read it in full yet, but the reports seem pretty grim. That said, these cunts throwing paint and oil over everything could well do with going straight through a woodchipper. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The Public Order Bill seems fucking horrible. I've not read it in full yet, but the reports seem pretty grim. That said, these cunts throwing paint and oil over everything could well do with going straight through a woodchipper. 

The trouble is that all the marches, petitions "Twitter- storms" and whatever are just so easy to ignore, by the cunts who are pressing on with fracking and hampering the development of solar farms. 

Chucking soup on a picture frame won't change any government minds, either, but at least it gets the issue into the headlines.