You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Quite clearly mad.

He wasn’t the messiah. He was a deeply flawed, but principled man who offered the hope of change which enough people in the country didn’t vote for, or choose.

I repeat, I worked on his campaigns in 2017 & 2019 and the difference between was two was stark. Almost like he, and his people had started to believe their own hype. It became toxic. That’s where the reaction comes from, one leads the other and if you had any powers of reflection you’d be able to take yourself out of your ideological framework, I’m crediting you too much by assuming you have one, and look around and try and understand why it failed.

It was the fault of the campaign, not the press, not the Tories, not the other parties, it was the campaigns fault for the perception they allowed to seep out. It was fucking terrible and, in all honesty, patronising to the lay voter.

And, yes, his handling of antisemitism was fucking appalling, he didn’t need any help making that look worse.

The article you posted still supported labour by the way, perhaps read it properly first.

Are you Dan Hodges?

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Marina Hyde’s football articles are truly awful. I think we can all agree on that. 

Her political writing is great, that's not my issue, the problem is when push came to shove guardian writers aided the media pull. Hyde is lampooning a prime minister she helped elect.

13 hours ago, skend04 said:

Corbyn is the biggest reason we have a Tory majority. 

Brexit is the biggest reason we have a Tory Majority.

If Labour had stood on a deliver the referendum result manifesto vs a Tory second referendum manifesto, Corbyn would have been in power with a large majority. 

For what its worth i'm actually glad Corbyn didn't win it now. Due to everything that has happened this year Labour wouldn't have been able to deliver anything they'd promised and even if they had done a better job with the pandemic, the newspapers would have been calling for him to be hung, drawn and quartered for the failure to keep his country safe. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is fucking awful. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/26/pm-offers-top-media-body-jobs-to-critics-of-bbc-say-reports

Along with Harding being given the keys to the NHS to dismantle, Dom leading the fight to remove protective data rights from citizens, more civil service resignations, covid spiralling without a clear or appropriate plan, the EU, again, saying the UK isn’t even trying to negotiate, spy’s being able to circumvent the law in pursuit of ‘justice’ and a bill trying to be pushed through parliament which would give Gove/Cummings Caligula like powers it’s been a good week for cunts trying to dismantle our societal framework.

When do the riots start?

48 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is fucking awful. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/26/pm-offers-top-media-body-jobs-to-critics-of-bbc-say-reports

Along with Harding being given the keys to the NHS to dismantle, Dom leading the fight to remove protective data rights from citizens, more civil service resignations, covid spiralling without a clear or appropriate plan, the EU, again, saying the UK isn’t even trying to negotiate, spy’s being able to circumvent the law in pursuit of ‘justice’ and a bill trying to be pushed through parliament which would give Gove/Cummings Caligula like powers it’s been a good week for cunts trying to dismantle our societal framework.

When do the riots start?

Never, because at the moment I’m beginning to think his views represent a narrow majority of the great British public. It’s a bit like Thatcher unleashing the greed is good shackles. Dom is unleashing the embrace your inner cunt shackles. People don’t seem to give a fuck - just do what you want. Fuck the poor, the disabled, the disadvantaged, the displaced, the vulnerable, the climate. 

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/09/2020 at 20:54, Rico1304 said:

It’s from Craig Murray who’s 20 mins from being David Icke. 

20 minutes from being David Icke, and now 8 months from being free, for outing victims of sexual assault.

Alex Salmond trial blogger jailed for eight months - BBC News

Alex Salmond trial blogger jailed for eight months

A former UK diplomat has been jailed for eight months over blogs he wrote about the trial of Alex Salmond.

Craig Murray - a former ambassador to Uzbekistan - posted a series of articles online about the former first minister's High Court trial in 2020.

Prosecutors raised concerns that complainers could be identified via his writing, breaching a court order.

• Upvote 1

Seems odd that a poll found that two-thirds of people with an inkling who the ladies in question were said they were able to guess after articles in the mainstream media but obviously no suggestion of the MSM  being investigated.The sentence has been stayed pending an appeal.

20 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Nice summary of the high level cuntery that is 2021 Tory Government. 

Don't disagree with it but wasn't it ever thus? Just that now it's more brazen. I'd refer the right honourable Monbiot to the East India Company. 

Britain wasn't an empire it was a business ruled by the spawn of Eton and reported on by the spawn of Eton, built on the backs of working class troops and sailors who had pictures of the King on the wall. 

This country, for all its good and bad points, has always been utterly nuts.

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don't disagree with it but wasn't it ever thus? Just that now it's more brazen. I'd refer the right honourable Monbiot to the East India Company. 

Britain wasn't an empire it was a business ruled by the spawn of Eton and reported on by the spawn of Eton, built on the backs of working class troops and sailors who had pictures of the King on the wall. 

This country, for all its good and bad points, has always been utterly nuts.

Yeah slaves cotton and molasses, sir, as Captain Leroy the American loyalist says in Sharpe. 

Bastards. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Grim. A couple of days ago I spent about a minute contemplating just for men because I'm rapidly going grey round the sides. I didn't mention it to anyone, didn't search anything on my mac or phone and it wasn't prompted by an advert on the tv or anything. Literally just a thought. Hours later I'm on instagram and two different sponsored just for men adverts came up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1