You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

Part of the Internal Markets Bill is proving really problematic...

EheaFbQXkAA1Vwm?format=jpg&name=small

Section (g) effectively gives them power to overturn court rulings, parliament decisions, internal/external law and, effectively, do as they want without fear of repercussion.

Now we knew they were bad, but not this bad surely?

This is heading down a very dark path if the reading of this is correct and, perhaps, it's time to start asking some really awkward questions about the state of/future of democracy in this country?

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Part of the Internal Markets Bill is proving really problematic...

EheaFbQXkAA1Vwm?format=jpg&name=small

Section (g) effectively gives them power to overturn court rulings, parliament decisions, internal/external law and, effectively, do as they want without fear of repercussion.

Now we knew they were bad, but not this bad surely?

This is heading down a very dark path if the reading of this is correct and, perhaps, it's time to start asking some really awkward questions about the state of/future of democracy in this country?

Are they putting us outside of WTO? Mental

Just look at how corrupt the messaging was during the Brexit campaign and then the blatant lies and corruption in the last election. Mind you, we had it all in 2010. The financial and metal impact of the last few, this and coming few years will destroy society. We are fucked. 

When a BBC Political Correspondent gets found guilty of making up a lie about the opposition leader then instead of getting sacked, gets promoted to chief political correspondent in the run up to an election then you know that democracy doesn't exist like it should in this country. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How do they think they’ll get away with it?  Who’ll sign any TA with us based on that?  

No idea, it’s insane.

This is hubris of the very highest order.

If we move to Singapore on sea and they effectively sell out the country then a small bunch of people will become inordinately wealthy, but the rest of the country goes to shit.

I don’t get the end game at all, it doesn’t seem rational apart from power consolidation, which in and for itself is good, but without friends, influence, industry or any real things to sell apart from services surely isn’t sustainable.

In Dom’s kingdom that’s all you need, perhaps? 

What doesn't make sense is the system is built to serve them. For hundreds of years the elite have controlled the country for their gain, keeping the ordinary man in their lane. They appear to be aiming for anarchy which could result in Rees Mogg and his mates being ran out of their great great granddaddies estates by pitch forks.

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

What doesn't make sense is the system is built to serve them. For hundreds of years the elite have controlled the country for their gain, keeping the ordinary man in their lane. They appear to be aiming for anarchy which could result in Rees Mogg and his mates being ran out of their great great granddaddies estates by pitch forks.

The proles would be defending his estate, that’s how good they’ve stitched us up.

They’re destroying the civil service, our relationship with Europe and with the recent clusterfuck the rest of the world, our major services are ‘on the table’ for American investment which shacks us up with the orange fucking lunatic and the deplorable attitude to public services the Americans have, the union is on its way out, it’s genuine chaos and it’s deliberate and knowing.

I just don’t see the end game of it all, as all roads lead to isolation and misery for the vast, vast majority of people unfortunate enough to be ‘governed’ by these cunts.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Need to stop thinking about these pricks like the country or any country is important to them. Its about themselves their own personal gain and consequences are for other people.

True, but they have us by the balls and they are literally trying to sign into law a bill that allows them to circumvent justice whenever, and howsoever, the please.

One sociopath, yes, two, maybe, but a cabal of them? 

We’re in unprecedented times at the minute and in danger of watching our freedom be eroded by a group of sociopaths hellbent on whatever version of Blighty they want to build from the ashes of the old one that they’re destroying. 

They have an 80 seat majority, they can force pretty much anything through and when we’re relying on the lords to be our saviour we’re well and truly through the looking glass.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Slimy cunt. 

The SNP's Commons leader, Tommy Sheppard, said he would miss being "patronised in the flesh" by Mr Rees-Mogg.

He added: "Can I also wish the Leader of the House and his family well. I can hardly hide my disappointment at his absence.

"After five long months of my own absence from this chamber, and sometimes problematic communication through the virtual proceedings, I have been looking forward to being patronised in the flesh rather than over the internet."

• Upvote 1

i struggle to be arsed to be honest, they're the party that Britain deserves. 

If you're from Liverpool then chances are the Tories have been shitting in your mouth as long as you can remember, but now everyone else is starting to get a taste. They're like social and economic locusts, and once they're done with your mining town and there's noting left, they'll move onto your quiet Buckinghamshire hamlet - shortly about to be the subject of 10,000 permitted housing developments a week. 

People have spent years voting for the Tories because they were insulated from their policies, they weren't blue collar workers or on benefits, single mothers or disabled, but now they're coming for them too - so fuck'em. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So we're going to trade on WTO rules but are not going to abide by WTO rules?

Yes, that makes complete sense. Anyways, fuck it, the country deserves the mess it's going to find itself in come January. I've said it before but it's all well and good talking hypothetically being okay with trade barriers and food shortages but when it does actually hit then it's a completely different story. I think British stoicism flies out the window when we crash out.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Yes, that makes complete sense. Anyways, fuck it, the country deserves the mess it's going to find itself in come January. I've said it before but it's all well and good talking hypothetically being okay with trade barriers and food shortages but when it does actually hit then it's a completely different story. I think British stoicism flies out the window when we crash out.

A lot do but a lot of people don't deserve it at all. The ones who will mostly suffer are the ones who have voted against al this bollocks. 

The Tories can't be blamed for Covid but their handling of it coupled with the Brexit shite is going to leave people in the fucking shit and the next 5/10 years outlook is very bleak. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

We saw exactly how stoic large chunks of the British population are during the panic buying at the start of the pandemic.

• Upvote 1