Quantcast
Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30 - Page 33 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

I thought we benefited from their naivety with the pens.  Maybe in the Championship they got away with those sorts of incidents fairly regularly without VAR.   PL defenders now keep their arms in and don't go lunging in from the back very often . 

On 16/09/2020 at 09:57, VladimirIlyich said:

Henderson was excellent even though half fit. Fabinho still hasnt hit the heights of his pre injury form either. Gini may be getting pressure from agents but we still found a way to win.

Fabinho was probably our best player post lockdown.

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

I thought so too, looked to be almost back to his best, especially versus Palace he was imperious.

15 hours ago, m0e said:

I disagree,he was patchy for me. Far better form pre injury,in fact he was magnificent pre injury but has taken a while to get close to that form again. 

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I disagree,he was patchy for me. Far better form pre injury,in fact he was magnificent pre injury but has taken a while to get close to that form again. 

Fair enough. So, who was your pick for our best player post lockdown? Another way of asking the question: who wasn't patchy post lockdown?

Fabinho surprised me with how well he played post lockdown as he usually seems to take an age to get back up to speed after a break. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, m0e said:

Fair enough. So, who was your pick for our best player post lockdown? Another way of asking the question: who wasn't patchy post lockdown?

Most were but I noticed it especially with Fabinho because he'd been so brilliant beforehand. Hope he isn't forced into a makeshift centre half though if we get an injury or suspension in defence. He's still excellent but midfield is where he excels and especially with Henderson.They are a fantastic combination and truly underrated by many and hopefully it can stay that way.

• Upvote 1

Agreed on Fabinho. Excellent before his injury, garbage on his return then really good after lockdown. 

I know we aren't short on potential players of the season but Fabinho if he stays fit will be right up there in a shout for second behind Thiago. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Most were but I noticed it especially with Fabinho because he'd been so brilliant beforehand. Hope he isn't forced into a makeshift centre half though if we get an injury or suspension in defence. He's still excellent but midfield is where he excels and especially with Henderson.They are a fantastic combination and truly underrated by many and hopefully it can stay that way.

All good. Still didn't give me your pick for best player. You disagreed that he was our best player post lockdown. For that to be a valid argument, I'd imagine you'd want to nominate someone.

It seems there are a fair few who saw it like I did.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, m0e said:

All good. Still didn't give me your pick for best player. You disagreed that he was our best player post lockdown. For that to be a valid argument, I'd imagine you'd want to nominate someone.

It seems there are a fair few who saw it like I did.

Jeez,I can't remember what went on yesterday never mind a couple of months ago,give a forgetful old fogey a break eh? Ok then,Matip?