Quantcast
Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30 - Page 27 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

I read they played an expansive, possession-based style in the Championship last season with the defence built on keeping the ball. If true & they try a similar approach today we'll put 5 past them.

Close. Should have scored 5 though.

Leeds'll puff themselves out by Christmas and drop.

Get Thiago in & Henderson/TAA fully fit and we'll be fine. Have said before & will say again -- injuries permitting we win the title by 10 points again this season.

• Upvote 1

It's 4:25am, I'm too hyped up to sleep, it's my wife's birthday (ie gets a sleep in) and my 3 young lads will be up in 2-3 hours. 

Thank fuck for 3 points in the end!

• Upvote 3

I can only guess how much that late pen boiled the piss of so many opposition fans. I hope it's truly spoilt their evening. I'll reflect on the performance tomorrow but as it's 4.30 am here, I'm going to just buzz off a win as I go to sleep.

• Upvote 8

Leeds were fucking garbage. They didn't even get a single corner.

How the fuck did they score 3 goals?

It's crystal clear that some players have slackened off. Just watch the replay on the 3rd goal.

The problem here is the first team pretty much picks itself and the players know it.

Klopp should be dropping under performers.

How did Bobby stay on the pitch for the whole game?

• Upvote 6

Great game. Leeds definitely went for it, no parking the bus. Great to get the win with a soft pen but defence hasn't been the best since we won the league. 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mo and Curtis Jones are the 2 positives for me but that said, I’m dreading the Chelsea game. Surely Klopp’s got to drop bobby after today. 

Right lads, we’ve got a new chant here, clearly. To the tune of ‘Me And Mrs Jones’

“mo-oh-oh-oh-oh-and .......Curtis Jo-ones, Curtis Jones, Curtis Jones”

WE FUCKING DID IT. Somebody quickly photoshop a get out out of jail free card with Mo’s picture on it.

Inclined as I am to be negative, I think it’s worth remembering that Norwich probably should have scored at least three against us on the opening day last season. Their profligacy ensured it was never close, but we were almost as shoddy as we were today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Jesus I was a bit apathetic before kick off, but I went through an emotional rollercoaster that second half, let off as big a roar I ever have when Mo buried that second pen.

Mental game, Trent, Gomez and Van dijk’s worst ever game for the club. Ridiculously bad. Salah was majestic, probably in his top 3 performances for us, never stopped trying. Fabinho and Jones very good when they came on, very smart play from Fabinho for the pen, saw it coming from a mile away. Mane was quiet by his standards and Bobby’s just completely lost his head in front of goal,

But we won, that’s the most important thing, tons to work on 37 to go.

Sort of game, if it had been played in 1980, I'd be remembering with fondness.  Like beating Norwich 5-3 and even thinking that Justin Fashanu's goal might be the best I've seen.

There's no pleasing a miserable cunt like me nowadays though of course.

• Upvote 3

We're going to see plenty more games like that this season, we'll be sound in the end but I recommend asking your doctors to double you up on your heart medications. 

• Upvote 1

For the attacking situations we get into we should really be scoring a lot more goals. Leeds may have had only 3 shots but their play was quite incisive...we constantly make the wrong decisions in the last third.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

For the attacking situations we get into we should really be scoring a lot more goals. Leeds may have had only 3 shots but their play was quite incisive...we constantly make the wrong decisions in the last third.

Bobby was the main culprit.

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Inclined as I am to be negative, I think it’s worth remembering that Norwich probably should have scored at least three against us on the opening day last season. Their profligacy ensured it was never close, but we were almost as shoddy as we were today.

Was about to post something the same as this

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Leeds xg was 0.3 and they got 3 and could've had more. Ours was 2.76 which is what we got. Let's hope its a blip and take it from there

Was it? That's interesting. I had a different impression. I think because they had loads more of the ball than teams usually have against us.

You have to hand it to the team. We must be a nightmare because even when you’re level with us with a few minutes left, you just know we always seem to pull something out the bag.

• Upvote 1

From the BEEB

BIG ears can fuck off.

Super Salah

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds

Liverpool have now won each of the last 35 Premier League games in which Mohamed Salah has scored.

He has now overtaken Wayne Rooney's competition record of 34 consecutive wins when scoring from September 2008 to February 2011.

• Like 1

Hasselbaink crying it in saying the first was never a penalty, the blind biased twat.

For those saying 'Leeds have made a statement' tonight, remember Norwich 'made a statement' on the first day of the season last year by actually beating Man City.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

This is exactly right. Our front 3 have gone from 90 plus goals the first year, to 68, and last year it was 57. Now, we've evolved as a team and had been more solid but we did win 14 games last year by 1 goal and that's another 1. 

We have to be more lethal up top and stop giving teams belief and take the workload off our mindset, let alone defence. 

• Upvote 2