You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Virgil has been a bit patronizing lately, hope he gets back to normal asap. 

Hopefully we won’t give away three goals every game, but’s lets he honest we’ve been awful for month at the back. We conceded three goals five times at least. There’s some work to be done right now.

There absolutely is, but I’m sure we’ll come through this. It’s not like we’re hoping these players are better than this, or that they can gel as a unit... we know they are and can. 

trent was awful today but given his injury screwed up his preseason he’ll be sound after knocking the rust off.

Robbo was the only one who played well today, but few weeks from now they’ll be sound.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Haha, yeah, I fucked that up. I got things mixed up a little. Blame the post match bevvies. Just checked, which I should've done before I posted, and it wasn't even the 2nd game, but the 5th.

No worries, mate - that's my excuse for the last 35 years.

And fair play to you as well... you must have been going at a decent clip - the game had only been finished 20 minutes!

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I see the Keita brigade still going strong on twitter. Best player behind Salah(not hard today) shouldn't have come etc. 

Got to admire it I guess. 

He was just fine... some good moments going forward but shat out a couple of challenges. Hendo was our best midfielder. 

I'm still made up with the win. I honestly think Leeds getting so many plaudits has made the game seem much more even that it was (and than the score suggests). Continuing the positive vibes, Curtis continues to look a player doesn't he? I'm thinking and hoping this could be a real break-out season for the lad.

• Upvote 1

With the chances we had we should have won that by a country mile. So it's always going to be a bit disappointing that it took a late penalty to settle the match. However it was deserved just on the chances alone. We've just got to cut out the individual errors.

Plus get some signings in you tight twats. It's obvious that after winning 2 major trophies players are going to drop their intensity. It's not like it's never happened previously.

Lots of positives to take from that game, not least the fact that Salah looked extremely sharp. And Curtis Jones showing again that he has potential to be a top player. He was partly to blame for their third goal, but should learn from that. After this he showed great composure and creativity on the ball, and contributed to our momentum the last 10. Also thought Wijnaldum proved his value once again. When we needed to keep hold of the ball and get our team higher up in the 92nd minute he made a powerful 30 yard run in behind them to allow us to move the ball forwards and keep it. Very impressive at a stage where most other players were knackered.

I’m normally one of Keitas defenders, and he showed glimpses of his quality yesterday as well, for example when beating his man and playing Bobby through after a couple of minutes. But this was not the game for him, the crazy pressing from Leeds caused him trouble. Keita will be far more valuable when teams  park the bus.

Biggest problem was our defending. I think we where too high with our back four for long spells, and our centre backs and especially Gomez where drawn out of position over and over again. These things should be fairly easy to correct.

Three points in the bag, delighted with that!

We still need a new CB and probably another quality attacking player imo. Wijnaldum should be kept if he wants to stay, he’s extremely valuable to the way we play, only Henderson can do a similar job. 

Very disappointing watch yesterday. Relieved for the win but I'm sorry, there is no way a newly promoted Championship side with hardly any of their new signings should be scoring three goals at Anfield.

It feels to me like a real vein of lethargy has manifested itself with this side and that the team itself feels like its achieved its goal two fold and thus there is a real cavalier attitude towards performances. I mean you only have to look at Van Dijk as a prime example. When he came in he was smart, strong and no nonsense. Since February he has switched off to a degree. Noticeably it stems from the game against Man Utd at home when it was genuinely felt that the league was over. First rule of a defender is to just get rid and what Van Dijk did yesterday you would expect to see happen in Sunday League.

You can see why the great teams of old and the boot room regularly kept the title winning teams fresh and driven, firstly by proving to the first 11 that no one was safe in their position, and a few fresh faces a year was a genuine wake up call that business was starting again and there was no room for basking in the previous season.

And that the Club felt that their number one aim was winning on the pitch first and foremost. I get the feeling currently its more of a secondary target after looking after the Clubs business activities. I wouldn't be surprised to find at board level they were happy to have a year off as long as top four is achieved and to then attempt a fresh assault on the league.

If we play like we did yesterday in the next two weeks we will be fortunate to go home with all the points, Chelsea especially will be gunning for us and seeing an early opportunity for throwing a marker down.

We need a quality CB to up our remaining three CBs game, and yes I include Van Dijk here. Firmino needs proper competition too, he has dropped so far off what he usually produces its unreal. The midfield needs a shake up and we need to implement a second system and way of playing because teams are beginning to suss us out and we seem to have lost that aura of invincibility we had at the start of the year. In short this team needs competition all over the park and we need to dispense with this poor line of thinking that the first 11 is so untouchable we don't need any other quality players. Quality teams don't ship 27 goals since feb with only three clean sheets.