You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Code said:

Opening day of the season at home, I cant believe Im not there like usual. 

This virus needs to fuck off so I can get my life back. 

I should have started the day waking up in a bad state, after stumbling in the doors at Lord Nelson between 03-06 in the night. Had a shower, walked down to Lime street to get my breakfast at either Shiraz Palace or at The Crown. Then had a few more pints in the city, before getting a taxi to Anfield, where I would end up either at The Church, TIA, Sandon or the 12th man, depending were my mates were.

Now Im sitting at home, bored to death with this Arsenal game, just counting down the clock to our game.

Fuck my life.

4-0 win, Salah hattrick.

great read that

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

OK, so Keita has been here 2 full seasons and is now in his 3rd year. Injuries have fucked him up. He went to ACON with an injury when Klopp didnt want him to go. He played 1 game and made the injury worst. Who's fault is that again? It's set the tone for his 2 years.

Keita is a £54m player. If you actually bothered to read my post properly, you'll see Ive said he's only showed glimpses of what he can do. He got subbed off again tonight.

Again, if you read my post instead of reading what you want, you'll see Ive said I love Bobby but WTF is going on? Ive said he seems to be concentrating too much on setting others up even when he's in a good position. Then, when he gets a chance,he's not finishing.

Not sure you’ve read my post right, I’m one of Bobby’s biggest critics, but we, as fans, are not allowed to be critical of him, criticise everyone else is fair game, even Mo was getting loads last year, but criticise Bobby and and you are an ill educated knob. It gets on my tits. Criticising Bobby, you have to apologise for doing it, thems the rules. 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Not sure you’ve read my post right, I’m one of Bobby’s biggest critics, but we, as fans, are not allowed to be critical of him, criticise everyone else is fair game, even Mo was getting loads last year, but criticise Bobby and and you are an ill educated knob. It gets on my tits. Criticising Bobby, you have to apologise for doing it, thems the rules. 

Maybe I did but Ive said I love Bobby. He needs to be scoring goals as Liverpool number 9 even doing his 'glue' bit. He's done it before and I just think he's doing a bit too much 'glueing.'

I agree some players are like teflon. I dont like it so call it when they do make errors others get slaughtered for. Lovren would have got panned for doing what van Dijk did tonight.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Maybe I did but Ive said I love Bobby. He needs to be scoring goals as Liverpool number 9 even doing his 'glue' bit. He's done it before and I just think he's doing a bit too much 'glueing.'

I agree some players are like teflon. I dont like it so call it when they do make errors others get slaughtered for. Lovren would have got panned for doing what van Dijk did tonight.

Players earn it though, how many times has Virg fucked up compared to Lovren? That’s why you won’t see many being ultra critical of Virg (quite rightly),  it’s just a mistake, but Firmino has been shit for at least 6-9months and still, fans won’t/ can’t bring themselves to say it because he’s such a loveable fella. His is the one position that could be improved, which makes the missing out on Werner all the more harder to take. 

Virgil has been a bit patronizing lately, hope he gets back to normal asap. 

Hopefully we won’t give away three goals every game, but’s lets he honest we’ve been awful for month at the back. We conceded three goals five times at least. There’s some work to be done right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

A bit of an exaggeration to the positive mate. 

Where's the exaggeration?

Wijnaldum should have scored 2, Bobby likewise, and Mane could have had a hattrick.

VVD got another which for me was dubiously disallowed, while Leeds scored ALL their clear chances, 2 of which involved the rub of the green.

Some of our fans are proper shit sometimes.

• Upvote 1

That was a game of ball. We struggled defensively for 25 minutes in the first half but got to grips with well and kept them away from our goal for most of the second half, if Henderson and Trent had more game time in the legs we would have coped a lot better. As shaky as we looked we never looked as though we wouldn't win.

I so wonder if Leeds tactics or Klopps instructions kept Trent in his own half? I don't think be put in  one cross from open play and didn't take any corners from Robbo's side. 

16 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Players earn it though, how many times has Virg fucked up compared to Lovren? That’s why you won’t see many being ultra critical of Virg (quite rightly),  it’s just a mistake, but Firmino has been shit for at least 6-9months and still, fans won’t/ can’t bring themselves to say it because he’s such a loveable fella. His is the one position that could be improved, which makes the missing out on Werner all the more harder to take. 

Im prepared to offer players what I see as constructive criticism. Not the stuff they personally would get and learn from because they'll never be listening to me but not the absolute bollocks like people give Henderson and the mythical sideways \ backwards pass every other player but him, can do.

Im as gutted as anyone we didnt get Werner.

I love Gini but I thought he could have done a lot better tonight. I though Virgil was poor on the 2nd goal. Should he get a free pass because he's Virgil? Not the first time he's sold his keeper short.

Keita, Ive said time after time I hope he delivers. 2 years going into 3 Im still waiting.

Same with Bobby. Not saying he's above criticism. In fact, that's what Ive given him, just not dogs abuse. He's the number 9 and should score goals. I want him scoring goals. I was contemplating saying should we be starting to think the 'unthinkable' about him by either dropping him for a few games or even selling him?

Overall, Jurgen's the one who seems happy with Bobby's contribution. Maybe he should be pulling him to one side and saying 'Bobby, just stick the fucking ball in the net a few times'!

If players should be criticised for errors and such, I dont see why or how some earn a pass. They're pro players and if they dont deliver game by game, fair criticism. I dont go in for dog's abuse though.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, m0e said:

Where's the exaggeration?

Wijnaldum should have scored 2, Bobby likewise, and Mane could have had a hattrick.

VVD got another which for me was dubiously disallowed, while Leeds scored ALL their clear chances, 2 of which involved the rub of the green.

Some of our fans are proper shit sometimes.

I aspire to be as upright as you.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im prepared to offer players what I see as constructive criticism. Not the stuff they personally would get and learn from because they'll never be listening to me but not the absolute bollocks like people give Henderson and the mythical sideways \ backwards pass every other player but him, can do.

Im as gutted as anyone we didnt get Werner.

I love Gini but I thought he could have done a lot better tonight. I though Virgil was poor on the 2nd goal. Should he get a free pass because he's Virgil? Not the first time he's sold his keeper short.

Keita, Ive said time after time I hope he delivers. 2 years going into 3 Im still waiting.

Same with Bobby. Not saying he's above criticism. In fact, that's what Ive given him, just not dogs abuse. He's the number 9 and should score goals. I want him scoring goals. I was contemplating saying should we be starting to think the 'unthinkable' about him by either dropping him for a few games or even selling him?

Overall, Jurgen's the one who seems happy with Bobby's contribution. Maybe he should be pulling him to one side and saying 'Bobby, just stick the fucking ball in the net a few times'!

If players should be criticised for errors and such, I dont see why or how some earn a pass. They're pro players and if they dont deliver game by game, fair criticism. I dont go in for dog's abuse though.

I don’t go for dogs abuse either, how can we, when? When,a month ago, we were champions of everything!! I just get pissed off when I see the like of Mo getting dogs abuse because he hasn’t scored 40 goals, then the same people saying how important Bobby is to the team. I get it, I understand what he brings, but to criticise him is similar to criticising Kenny when he was manager, no one wants to say it, and if you do say it, you have to precede it with how much you love him. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I don’t go for dogs abuse either, how can we, when? When,a month ago, we were champions of everything!! I just get pissed off when I see the like of Mo getting dogs abuse because he hasn’t scored 40 goals, then the same people saying how important Bobby is to the team. I get it, I understand what he brings, but to criticise him is similar to criticising Kenny when he was manager, no one wants to say it, and if you do say it, you have to precede it with how much you love him. 

Yeah "I love Bobby but"..  

Its what I say. 

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Funny how quickly people want players fucked off out of the team that have just won our first league title in 30 years.  First game of the season after a complete worldwide shitfest that’s fucked up everything with still no fans in the stadium and basically no pre season.

This season should be a free hit after the last 2 years.  Yet everyone is losing their shit at the players.  It’s only a forum obviously but it’s a good view of the wider opinion of the fans generally.  It creates a bad atmosphere and puts unnecessary pressure on the team.

Maybe, but to be honest, Keita is shite.

• Upvote 1

Got to smile at the VAR merchants in the sports pages. Apparently a blatant trip in the box isnt a pen and despite the publicised changes to handball by a defender in the box now being a pen even if the ball hitting hand isnt intentional, that isnt a pen either!

Oh and VAR gave us 2 pens despite both given by the ref. VAR merely upheld the decision. Almost forgot, arsenal are now favourites to win the league seeing they battered the weakest promoted team earlier today.