You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, niallers said:

This is exactly right. Our front 3 have gone from 90 plus goals the first year, to 68, and last year it was 57. Now, we've evolved as a team and had been more solid but we did win 14 games last year by 1 goal and that's another 1. 

We have to be more lethal up top and stop giving teams belief and take the workload off our mindset, let alone defence. 

I agree generally, but it was 3-2 after thirty three minutes. Everybody looks to make an opening day statement, and so did Leeds. Normally those goals of ours would be unanswered I think.

Going into this game, we have been complacent - its easy to get into the hype of invincibility. I thought against Arsenal, who are much improved of late, we were good. The difference in the end was hitting the crossbar. Think we missed a few more chances, from memory.

we’ll sharpen up at the back, with that wake up call tonight. We’d better, anyway. Kloppy will be onto it.

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Felt like a pre-season game. Lots of players who just need some minutes in their legs and match sharpness.

Bobby needs shooting practice though. Can't keep looking to square it when he sees the keeper's eyes.

I think we might have to start thinking about him not playing up front and changing the tactics from time to time. It's painful watching him in front of goal right now. 

Reminded me of Norwich last season. Only difference is they got the rub of the green with their first goal, and a blue moon VVD error for the second. Their 3rd was only made possible because they were chasing an equaliser.

Had we won 6-1 or 5-2 or 4-0, which is a much better indication of how the game panned out, fuck all would have been made of it.

3 points and we're off an running.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Reminded me of Norwich last season. Only difference is they got the rub of the green with their first goal, and a blue moon VVD error for the second. Their 3rd was only made possible because they were chasing an equaliser.

Had we won 6-1 or 5-2 or 4-0, which is a much better indication of how the game panned out, fuck all would have been made of it.

3 points and we're off an running.

A bit of an exaggeration to the positive mate. 

41 minutes ago, skaro said:

Which, considering they also lost to us on that first day, was a miraculous statement.

Haha, yeah, I fucked that up. I got things mixed up a little. Blame the post match bevvies. Just checked, which I should've done before I posted, and it wasn't even the 2nd game, but the 5th.

• Like 2

Funny how quickly people want players fucked off out of the team that have just won our first league title in 30 years.  First game of the season after a complete worldwide shitfest that’s fucked up everything with still no fans in the stadium and basically no pre season.

This season should be a free hit after the last 2 years.  Yet everyone is losing their shit at the players.  It’s only a forum obviously but it’s a good view of the wider opinion of the fans generally.  It creates a bad atmosphere and puts unnecessary pressure on the team.

• Upvote 5