You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

For the attacking situations we get into we should really be scoring a lot more goals. Leeds may have had only 3 shots but their play was quite incisive...we constantly make the wrong decisions in the last third.

Bobby was the main culprit.

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Inclined as I am to be negative, I think it’s worth remembering that Norwich probably should have scored at least three against us on the opening day last season. Their profligacy ensured it was never close, but we were almost as shoddy as we were today.

Was about to post something the same as this

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Leeds xg was 0.3 and they got 3 and could've had more. Ours was 2.76 which is what we got. Let's hope its a blip and take it from there

Was it? That's interesting. I had a different impression. I think because they had loads more of the ball than teams usually have against us.

From the BEEB

BIG ears can fuck off.

Super Salah

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds

Liverpool have now won each of the last 35 Premier League games in which Mohamed Salah has scored.

He has now overtaken Wayne Rooney's competition record of 34 consecutive wins when scoring from September 2008 to February 2011.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

For the attacking situations we get into we should really be scoring a lot more goals. Leeds may have had only 3 shots but their play was quite incisive...we constantly make the wrong decisions in the last third.

This is exactly right. Our front 3 have gone from 90 plus goals the first year, to 68, and last year it was 57. Now, we've evolved as a team and had been more solid but we did win 14 games last year by 1 goal and that's another 1. 

We have to be more lethal up top and stop giving teams belief and take the workload off our mindset, let alone defence. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Was it? That's interesting. I had a different impression. I think because they had loads more of the ball than teams usually have against us.

They had more of the ball, but they didn't really create anything second half bar their goal. They didn't even have a corner. We gifted them the first 2 really but they did put us under a lot of pressure. Let's hope more teams don't do the same.

4 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Hasselbaink crying it in saying the first was never a penalty, the blind biased twat.

For those saying 'Leeds have made a statement' tonight, remember Norwich 'made a statement' on the first day of the season last year by actually beating Man City.

Which, considering they also lost to us on that first day, was a miraculous statement.

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

They had three shots on target. I’m glad the team don’t piss their pants as easily as some on here. 

We only had 6 on target ourselves, and two of those were penalties. Play like that against Chelsea and we'll get snotted.

• Upvote 1

Our defending was all a bit 2016-17, wasn't it?

But taking a second to calm down and step away from the emotions of the match, it's easy to see that we were miles and miles better than Leeds. I think we had 26 shots to their 6. They just had a fluky-good finishing game, and we finished about on par with what you'd expect. If we play that way every game we'll finish with near 100 points again, and at this point after a single game that's about all we could possibly ask for.

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

As was I. Newly promoted teams arent used to defending let alone losing- they go for it.

Takes about 10 games and they realise it wont work  

I remember Mourinho saying that newly promoted teams often start well, as they usually don't have injuries, but that they also have the confidence that comes with being champions of their division. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

Which, considering they also lost to us on that first day, was quite an amazing statement.

Only because they put their best six players out against City and we took advantage of the five that they put out against us.

• Like 1

Hmmm. 3 points, just, but no clean sheet. Where do you start with this one? At 3-2 you never got the feeling we were secure and so it turned out. Once it was 3-3, I wasnt confident of getting a fourth and it took a clumsy pen to get that and the 3 points.

To be honest Leeds worked hard. They looked more like us than us in this game. Like I said earlier in the thread, this game was a free hit for them. Lose and well, you are playing the Champions Win or draw andthey get the plaudits.

It's the first real game of the season so you can expect some rustiness. But, there's always a but.

I really thought Allison should be doing better on that first goal. Yes, it might have needed a worldie save, there again not. He'll be disappointed to conceed 3 although Virgil sold him short for the 2nd.

Trent looks like he's had no preseason which, he hasnt. And thanks to that knob england manager running the arse off him for 87 minutes midweek. I really cannot believe Jurgen would have been happy with him playing more than 65 minutes there. A couple of times he didnt have the legs to get back which is unusual for him.

Virgil, WTF you playing at lad for that 2nd? If that had been Lovren, he'd rightly be getting pelters for that and it's not the 1st time Virgil's sold his keeper short. Fucking put it in row Z then debate with the keeper what to do.

Joe, solid game but when Trent got turned for their first, he really should have been more committed in the tackle.

Robbo had a great game up and down the wing I thought. Hendo was solid coming into the side on the back of no pre season, I thought Gini gave the ball away far too much. He had 2 real good chances but couldnt take them. Naby failed to live upto expectations. Again. Sorry, I think we need to cut our losses with him now. Harsh I know but there you go. Did he do anything tonight?

I love Bobby but WTF is going on? He had an opportunity early on but passed up the chance. He should have scored late on but was far too laid back with the flick of the outside of his boot. Sadio worked hard but never really looked like scoring. Mo, star man and we wouldnt have got 3 points tonight without him. The finish for his 2nd was a corker.

Nothing I saw tonight suggests to me the team needs freshening up. I hope there's not a touch of Billy Bigbollocks creeping in with some of the players.

Carragher and Tyler saying the first pen was harsh. Do they not read the new interpretation for pens this season?

Talking about that cunt Tyler, he cheered every fucking goal Leeds scored tonight. He didnt even bother with Virgil's powerful header for the 2nd! Cunt.

Jurgen needs to sort the defending out again for the trip to chelsea. Play like we did tonight and we wont get a point there never mind 3, even with fwank in charge.

• Upvote 2