You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, John102 said:

Don't think I've ever been so underwhelmed by a start to the season. 

The empty stadiums at the end of last season where a means to an end. 

At the minute I honestly feel like who's arsed. 

Same. I have not done a fantasy team, not entered the works survivor game, cancelled my sports channels, probably won't even watch this live.

Football has become shite. Made up we have won the league but now I feel I can take it or leave it

16 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Same. I have not done a fantasy team, not entered the works survivor game, cancelled my sports channels, probably won't even watch this live.

Football has become shite. Made up we have won the league but now I feel I can take it or leave it

Football has been shit and a rich man's plaything for a long time now but at least we are good now. Something to cling onto. 

On 08/09/2020 at 16:35, Stickman said:

When men were men and even the ball had the good sense to stay out of the way...

Considering the hard players both teams possessed in the 60’s and 70’s there wasn’t that much aggro on the pitch between the two sides ....Maybe to do with the mutual respect both managers had for each other....

Can’t say it was the same off the pitch mind, my brother who used to go everywhere in the 70’s said Elland Red was the scariest away fixture he went to 

DZ2nMV9WsAAxa0z.jpg

e2a08cabd4fdc4aec79315d2fbf5b4a7.jpg

Just lacking a bit of pink.....mercurial-superfly-7-academy-mbappe-rosa-mg-multi-ground-football-boot-1vjDcQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My missus and her mate were beaten up at Leeds years ago before I met her.

We were 1-0 down at the time and she refused to give up her scarf to some Neanderthal as they left early to get the coach back over.

Spent the night in Leeds Infirmary (no references to Jimmy Savile please!)

Leslie Silver, the secretary of Leeds, gave her and her mate two tickets each for the game there the next season, so I went with her, her mate and another lad and we had a great day.

That pub outside their ground (The Peacock?) was a scary place mind, got emptied out by the police when a fight broke out before the game.
We won 2-0.

Happy days, same again Reds!

• Upvote 1

Mo to continue his impressive form of not being able to go outside a right back and coming inside to blast the ball at the massed defenders legs.

Bobby to try an audacious back heel that goes straight to their player instead of playing the simple through ball. Does nothing of note for the rest of the game. 

Our fans to rave all week about his amazing work without the ball. 

1-0 Manè 7th minute

• Downvote 2

Just smash them.

I will be in the Pub with some of the most deluded Leeds fans you could possibly meet.

One of them, although his eyes will be peeled on the game, seems to have an uncanny ability to go blind whenever the opposition have the ball. He will argue long beyond the cows coming home that Revie was a better manager than Shanks, Bielsa is better than Klopp, Pablo Hernandez is better than Dalglish ever was etc.. 

Even a regulation win today won’t wash. 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 will count as moral victories for Leeds. It needs to be 3-0 or better, preferably 27-0. 

4 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

Leeds has a higher proportion of rude bastards than any other city I've been to. 

Walking through the station to my hotel/ work used to be a particularly fraught experience. I've never had so many people aim themselves directly at me, it made the rush hour Tube look well mannered.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Walking through the station to my hotel/ work used to be a particularly fraught experience. I've never had so many people aim themselves directly at me, it made the rush hour Tube look well mannered.

It's a terrible station as well. The lay out is appalling. They like to make it as hard as possible to get to the platform you need. Massive, slow escalators, overpasses, stairs, barriers. You need to allow about 15 minutes.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

It's a terrible station as well. The lay out is appalling. They like to make it as hard as possible to get to the platform you need. Massive, slow escalators, overpasses, stairs, barriers. You need to allow about 15 minutes.

Yep, it doesn't help when you've just had to fight your way off your train because the rude bastards- usually fat neckbeards with lanyards around their neck- won't stand back and let people through in case they don't get a seat.

• Upvote 1

I remember in the 90s, it used to have a good reputation for clubbing. I went to that Back to Basics place which was supposed to be top notch. It was literally the worst club I have ever been to. Shit boring music and full of cunts with zero intention of enjoying themselves. Typical of the city actually

On 11/09/2020 at 09:01, Red74 said:

Mo to continue his impressive form of not being able to go outside a right back and coming inside to blast the ball at the massed defenders legs.

Bobby to try an audacious back heel that goes straight to their player instead of playing the simple through ball. Does nothing of note for the rest of the game. 

Our fans to rave all week about his amazing work without the ball. 

1-0 Manè 7th minute

Good moaning. Even before a ball is kicked. Hurrah!

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im fucked off not being able to go the game. Going to be New Year I reckon before we're allowed back and even then, it will be a shite 15,000 max in a 54,000 capacity stadium.

It's not great, still we are champions and I never thought I'd be able to say that again at the start of a new season.

Personally I doubt we'll see any crowds back this season the way infections are rising again and as we head into winter. I suspect they'll experiment with low attendances next month and then the government will back off from the whole idea.

3-1 today.