You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things non drivers do

Section_31

Inspired by Kurtz's thread 

(1) slam your passenger door. Sometimes putting the lock down before they do, even though it's central locking.

(2) have no concept of petrol requiring the exchange of currency. "Pick me up and drop me off from Manchester Airport and I'll buy you a pint".

(3) have no concept of the logistics of parking, dropping off and picking up. "My work's do is in Times Square on Saturday night, could you pick me up about midnight?

• Upvote 6

To be fair I remember being like this before I could drive, but basically the non driver feels the driver is duty bound to provide transport simply becaue they've got a car.

"My mates are in town can you drop me off?"

"I've just got into my dressing gown and slippers, it's midnight and I'm tired."

"BUT YOU'VE GOT A CAR!!!"

Re: the door thing, all cars are different, so the force required to close is not a uniform thing. Also, if windows are open, even a highly resistant door will close more easily. 

How about a thread for things which drivers don't seem to be able to find? Number 1 - the indicator light switch. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Back seat passengers who think it's quite OK to exit the car on the off side without checking to see if there's anything coming behind, especially on busy roads. 

I did this from the passengers side when my mate borrowed his mums car when we were about 17. He parked up outside theirs and I got out the passenger side without looking. A car twatted the door. I swear the noise sounded like they had taken the door with them. It didn't even leave a scratch. The weirdest thing. Even the other driver got out and we couldn't find a thing on his car either. God knows how there was no damage. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Getting worse as every fucker is wandering about wearing headphones and staring blankly at their phones. Particularly bad if you’re turning left off a main road into a side road. People just step off the kerb without thinking you may be turning, you’re forced to brake suddenly and the car behind crunches straight into the back of you. Meanwhile the numpty pedestrian wanders on their merry fucking way as if nothing has happened, maybe a cheery wave to thank you for stopping. 

Pedestrian is King. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I did this from the passengers side when my mate borrowed his mums car when we were about 17. He parked up outside theirs and I got out the passenger side without looking. A car twatted the door. I swear the noise sounded like they had taken the door with them. It didn't even leave a scratch. The weirdest thing. Even the other driver got out and we couldn't find a thing on his car either. God knows how there was no damage. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Zero idea about directions by car. Old Man Dangerously has never driven and is the absolute worst person when giving directions. It comes in the form of one or more of the following:

'You know the *the name of a pub in the 70s which has had several changes in name and is now a Starbucks* it's past that.'

'Just go towards *blank* and I'll tell you where to go.'

'By the Old Roan.' (It ends up being in Maghull)

'It's just down there.' *points at the turn off we've just driven past*

It's at the point now that I won't give him a lift anywhere unless he provides me with a postcode which Google verifies as where he wants to go. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Zero idea about directions by car. Old Man Dangerously has never driven and is the absolute worst person when giving directions. It comes in the form of one or more of the following:

'You know the *the name of a pub in the 70s which has had several changes in name and is now a Starbucks* it's past that.'

'Just go towards *blank* and I'll tell you where to go.'

'By the Old Roan.' (It ends up being in Maghull)

'It's just down there.' *points at the turn off we've just driven past*

It's at the point now that I won't give him a lift anywhere unless he provides me with a postcode which Google verifies as where he wants to go. 

I bet he blames you for missing the turning as well doesn't he?