You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - 1st Round - Chic vs Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - 1st Round - Chic vs Red Hot Chilli Peppers  

62 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - 1st Round - Chic vs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/20 at 17:36

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

As most bands do.

Of course, but the Chilli’s only tried something new with Danger Mouse producing on the last album and used the same producer (Rick Rubin) for 25 years up to that point.  

I know ‘if there’s a formula don’t break it’ but 25 years is taking the mick.  

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Frodey Baby - they had a half dozen votes before you came out of the pine paneled palace.

For anyone who wants it - Chic also wrote "We are Family" Sister Sledge and "Upside Down" Diana Ross

The bastards. Any way of changing my vote?

Oh dear, I'm sorry but Chic are an infinitely better band, Rodgers and Edwards basically created a unique and addictive sound that was brought to mass audiences and is heavily borrowed from even now. I can't remember the last time I heard a band remotely ape or sample a Red Hot Chili Peppers record.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Oh dear, I'm sorry but Chic are an infinitely better band, Rodgers and Edwards basically created a unique and addictive sound that was brought to mass audiences and is heavily borrowed from even now. I can't remember the last time I heard a band remotely ape or sample a Red Hot Chili Peppers record.

surely you haven’t already forgotten All Saints’ classic version of Under the Bridge?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Le Freak is a better song than the whole of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers catalogue put together. 

36 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Utter bollocks, I’m afraid. 

If you think about it, if you tried to listen to every RHCP song put together  (one overdubbed on another) it would sound a bit shit.