You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2020 / 21 Season Tickets News

dockers_strike

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

IMO, this is a chance for the club to reset the system.

Although I've had a season ticket for 28 years, 25 of those were with a supporters club and only the last 3 in my own name. My season ticket has 0 away credits and unfortunately, despite me going to c.50% of our away games, will most likely stay that way.

The away / European away tickets are more or less a closed shop. You have those who go the games regularly and those who regularly pick and choose which to go to, but maintain their credits and sell to friends. If you have 0 credits on your ST, it's virtually impossible to get on the ladder. 

I'm lucky I have a great network of mates who help me and who I've helped in the past, so it's reasonably rare I miss out when I intend to go. However, just because I play the system, I don't necessarily agree with it. Hate the game, not the playa and all that.

I bought a friend of a friend a ticket for Barcelona away on somebody else's linked season ticket! Ridiculous. Liverpool obviously know it goes on but just ignore it.

I don't know what the club could do to level the playing field. It's an impossible situation again. Could they do an application, regardless of success, counts as a credit and ballot the tickets but then you could be balloting c.30k applications against c.2k away tickets.

Could credits be split? On the linked accounts bit, if somebody who didn't qualify bought a ticket via a linked account which did qualify, could you both get a credit? Or .5 each? Would the person who did qualify want to do that?

Whichever way they decide, the ticket office will make a fustercluck of it!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Whichever way they decide, the ticket office will make a fustercluck of it!

But customer support with reply to you on Twitter the day after it’s possible for the issue to be resolved, so it’s ok.

I was talking to a Utd season ticket holder the other evening. he tells me Utd have asked him to pay up in full for his season ticket on the basis he will be refunded on a match by match basis if he can't attend because of restrictions.

Essentially, an interest free loan to the Club. Our system, achieved with input from SOS, is infinitely better.

20 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I was talking to a Utd season ticket holder the other evening. he tells me Utd have asked him to pay up in full for his season ticket on the basis he will be refunded on a match by match basis if he can't attend because of restrictions.

Essentially, an interest free loan to the Club. Our system, achieved with input from SOS, is infinitely better.

Yep. An interest free loan to the club which no doubt will take about 5 to 10 days to reach the STH's bank account after each game. Clearly the more STH's a club has, the more this will ease that club's finances in the very short term.