You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Messi

Bjornebye

On 27/08/2020 at 14:00, Manny said:

Makes them more credible as well, the utter cunts. Oil money or not, they'll have one of the greatest players of all time associated with them and that's not a good thing at all in my view.

Are Levante still associated with the fact that Cruyff had a short spell there at the fag end of his career?

Unless something bonkers happens (which really has to be at least one Champions) then he will be remembered as a Barcelona legend, followed by Argentina’s best/second best player ever.

I really don't care about him.

Was joking with my lad how he'd be a good option of the bench but in reality that's kinda right he wouldn't get in this team unless we changed formation.

I know many will disagree but if you put a Liverpool team out to save your life would you accept Messi as a alternate for anyone 

14 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I really don't care about him.

Was joking with my lad how he'd be a good option of the bench but in reality that's kinda right he wouldn't get in this team unless we changed formation.

I know many will disagree but if you put a Liverpool team out to save your life would you accept Messi as a alternate for anyone 

He is quite possibly the best person to ever kick a ball, madness.

I’d change anything and everything to let him play. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He is quite possibly the best person to ever kick a ball, madness.

I’d change anything and everything to let him play. 

I take your opinion and for me Madonna is the greatest he was like Suarez X10.

But for my point is your life is on the line you out him in our team? And where?

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

But for my point is your life is on the line you out him in our team? And where?

Agree that Diego is number one.

As for the second part of your question, it would depend who we were playing. If it was against a top side like City or Bayern, I wouldn't want him ahead of any of our current line up because it would mess up our entire style of play when we don't have the ball.

If it's against a team that wants to just sit back and defend then I'd put him in ahead of anyone we have in the front six positions because he's still the best attacking player in the world.

He's acting the cunt. Don't rate some of my team mates, get me Neymar and I'll stay,  don't like the new manager, change him and I'll stay, don't like the president, change him and I'll stay. Fuck you you little primamadonna prick. Go sign for Atalanta or Werder Bremen and win a league there like Diego did, signing for City is like sticking the cheat codes into a computer game, where is the joy in that?

12 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I would change whatever allowed him to be at his best, as at his best he is possibly the greatest ever. So, Bobby, Mane, Salah would all be sacrificed for him, dependant on which place was best for him. That’s not to discredit any of them, as they are exceptional and we’re very fortunate to have them, but it’s Lionel Messi and no amount of revisionist obstrufication can hide that, he’s fucking incredible.

If it’s a case of ‘he doesn’t fit Klopp’s team’ then that’s doing a disservice to Klopp as he’s one of the best around and he’d figure it out. Make Henderson be his legs whilst Messi scores 50 goals a season, every season.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Every one seems to forget about Pelé. For those old enough to have seen Pelé and Diego, apart Argentinians obviously, Pelé is the greatest. 

Not if you want to get past the quarters.

I'll let you work that one out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Agree that Diego is number one.

As for the second part of your question, it would depend who we were playing. If it was against a top side like City or Bayern, I wouldn't want him ahead of any of our current line up because it would mess up our entire style of play when we don't have the ball.

If it's against a team that wants to just sit back and defend then I'd put him in ahead of anyone we have in the front six positions because he's still the best attacking player in the world.

I totally agree he is the best "attacking" player (Virg is the best)

Where would you play Messi, in our current set up? 

16 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I totally agree he is the best "attacking" player (Virg is the best)

Where would you play Messi, in our current set up? 

He'd replace Firmino, either on the right with Salah up front or he'd play as the false 9 or #10 behind Salah and Mane. And then you'd put Henderson/Milner, Gini and Fabinho to carry the water.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd replace Firmino, either on the right with Salah up front or he'd play as the false 9 or #10 behind Salah and Mane. And then you'd put Henderson/Milner, Gini and Fabinho to carry the water.

You'd go for that in a one off game, despite how good we've been with this team?

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Every one seems to forget about Pelé. For those old enough to have seen Pelé and Diego, apart Argentinians obviously, Pelé is the greatest. 

I never watched Pele live, same with Cruyff them and Maradona are too 3 for me.

Diego will always be number 1 for me but doesn't mean I'm right