You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Messi

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

Note to Messi:

England?

Where the defenders are built like wardrobes, kick the shit out of you and nothing gets given.

Welcome.

England?

Where defenders head off to Greece on holiday, get pissed, get involved in fights, assault then attempt to bribe police, blame it all on Albanian baddies attempting to drug their sisters without a shred of evidence, get found guilty in a court of law, still claim it's all some conspiracy by corrupt foreigners, and have a bunch of local "journalists" back them up.

Welcome.

25 minutes ago, Raichew said:

Messi to City would be terrible for us. Whether or not, Messi does well on the pitch with City, time will tell. But as we all know, class is permanent and all that. Pep, as much as I hate his guts, is the one guy who knows how to use Messi, so I believe the odds of Messi succeeding is a lot higher than we care to admit.

Football reasons aside, it's the off the pitch effect which concerns me.

As someone already mentioned, a large part of the Barca fanbase is basically supporters of Messi FC. Imagine millions of Messi die hards transposing their loyalties to City. This can instantly inject millions into City's bank accounts (yes, they don't need the money, but this would make their case of fulfilling FFP in the future so much easier, and a much harder case for any authorities to argue against).

Messi has never needed managing he has always done what he wants you just let him play. He had great players around him until recently when they have wasted hundreds of millions. As for FFP they just run all over it don’t they, money talks with them.

5 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

Note to Messi:

England?

Where the defenders are built like wardrobes, kick the shit out of you and nothing gets given.

Welcome.

People actually still believe this type of stuff? Defenders in La Liga are way tougher and more snide than Premier League defenders. All the drug dealer looking South Americans play in La Liga. The bumbling oafs like Tarkowski and Maguire wouldn't get near him. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People actually still believe this type of stuff? Defenders in La Liga are way tougher and more snide than Premier League defenders. All the drug dealer looking South Americans play in La Liga. The bumbling oafs like Tarkowski and Maguire wouldn't get near him. 

It's what Higuain told Messi apparently.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are worried about Ake at City? I personally am glad he signed as I think he is ordinary and wont do that much to change City's defence. Them buying the likes of Koulibaly would have worried me more.

I think CB's as much as any other position tend to improve based on who they are next to. I'd have had Ake here in a heartbeat alongside VVD. 

All reports at the time were that Messi was more than happy when Pep left Barca as his management style is time-limited.  However they’d still be mates I’d imagine.

I can’t shake the feeling that this is all designed to get rid of the ones he doesn’t want at Barca, and once gone, he’ll sign on. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Raichew said:

Messi to City would be terrible for us. Whether or not, Messi does well on the pitch with City, time will tell. But as we all know, class is permanent and all that. Pep, as much as I hate his guts, is the one guy who knows how to use Messi, so I believe the odds of Messi succeeding is a lot higher than we care to admit.

As someone already mentioned, a large part of the Barca fanbase is basically supporters of Messi FC. Imagine millions of Messi die hards transposing their loyalties to City. This can instantly inject millions into City's bank accounts (yes, they don't need the money, but this would make their case of fulfilling FFP in the future so much easier, and a much harder case for any authorities to argue against).

Makes them more credible as well, the utter cunts. Oil money or not, they'll have one of the greatest players of all time associated with them and that's not a good thing at all in my view.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Messi has never needed managing he has always done what he wants you just let him play. He had great players around him until recently when they have wasted hundreds of millions. As for FFP they just run all over it don’t they, money talks with them.

Agreed, waste of time getting stick up my ass over FFP when CAS just turns it over anyway. The rules are a god damn joke. We're only playing by them because the model FSG uses doesn't allow for anything else. Makes it all the more sweeter when we win it again though.

• Upvote 1

Messi to City would just highlight it even more that they are just a plastic Abu Dhabi Dildo. If anything City getting away with it alongside the financial cost of covid should make uefa double down on FFP for the long term financial stability of the sport or pretty soon it will just be a handful of state run clubs that exist.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Messi to City would just highlight it even more that they are just a plastic Abu Dhabi Dildo. If anything City getting away with it alongside the financial cost of covid should make uefa double down on FFP for the long term financial stability of the sport or pretty soon it will just be a handful of state run clubs that exist.

UEFA is a bunch of pussies aren't they? Nothing is gonna happen to City of anyone that violates their rules and when it goes crack down they'll slide some money to the CAS and walk about as if nothing happened.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They’ve already spent about 80 million this window haven’t they? It’s a fucking joke.

3 hours ago, Raichew said:

So Messi, for the last 8 seasons hasn’t been used properly? 
Since Pep Left...

271 La Liga goals..............................34 a season

75 Champions League goals...........9 a season .........average 43 a season

4 seasons with Pep...

136 La Liga Goals...........34 a season

47 Champs League.........11 a season................average  45 a season

in the 8 years Pep left he’s kept his basically kept his average up to what it was in the 4 years Pep was there!!!!! despite playing in one of the best teams ever under him. 

Messi is still great, but it’s not only about football it’s about a total change of life, and I’m not so sure he would find so easy to adjust himself in England. Rain, grey sky, night at 4 pm at winter, family not happy. 

Big gamble for some one who seems to let it go when things don’t go his way !

3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Messi is still great, but it’s not only about football it’s about a total change of life, and I’m not so sure he would find so easy to adjust himself in England. Rain, grey sky, night at 4 pm at winter, family not happy. 

Big gamble for some one who seems to let it go when things don’t go his way !

Wait till he sees moss side. 

Sport is saying that City are going to offer Jesus, Bernardo Silva, and Eric Garcia, plus €100m for Messi.

I'm probably alone here but I'd love to see that happen. First off, if I were Barca I would snap their hands off. Go take the €100m and buy Sancho. Fati/Jesus/Sancho gives you a front 3 that's not that far off where they were this season and they will definitely improve in the years to come. Plus Griezmann is still there (and Coutinho, actually) so it wouldn't be totally dependent on youth. It's a bit of a rebuild but there is definitely something to build on with that front 3.

For City, it's a case of absolutely mortgaging their future for one year of Messi, which can only be good for us long-term. And just think of how good it's going to feel when we win the league again even with Messi in their team!

• Upvote 1

The problem if it was this kind of swap deal is that Man City are so deep they don't even have important players, they're all the same. They won a title even with De Bruyne out injured for half the games. They could give up 3, 4, 5 players for Messi and it wouldn't make a dent in the squad. I mean, adding Bernardo Silva in there is a bit rich, I don't think they'd go that far, but Garcia and Jesus, they won't give a single fuck letting them go.