You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Messi

Bjornebye

We broke him and Barca didn't we. 

I think he will end up staying at Barca tbh but it would be mad to see him elsewhere. Its a mark of how far we have come that I'm not even arsed about us getting him but I don't fancy him ending up at City. 

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Barca need to man up and decide if one player is bigger than their club. Theyve had the best of him if he wants to be Barcas dictator for life then accept it or don't. I hate Barca I hope whatever happens its the worst thing.

Fans support Messi FC which is their problem 

• Upvote 2

I’d quite happily see him selling out and going to City.  He’d regret it later on because he’d be making a show of himself.  I think he’d be in shock how embarrassing they are as a club.  They can’t even sell out finals never mind their weekly home fixtures.  Barca meanwhile will be in turmoil.  The fans will be in revolt and as magic said all these internet virgins from around the world support Messi FC which Barca were happy to run with.  They won’t be when they haven’t got someone to take over him.  La Liga have lost Ronaldo and if Messi goes I’d expect the small interest they have now to get smaller and less valuable.

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We broke him and Barca didn't we. 

I think he will end up staying at Barca tbh but it would be mad to see him elsewhere. Its a mark of how far we have come that I'm not even arsed about us getting him but I don't fancy him ending up at City. 

It freaks my nut out that he actually sent a transfer request using a fax machine.

Deffo got the air of a cheeky but knowingly pointless man utd bid about it this one, followed by swift failure and a march on Ed Woodward's house, again.

I'd be intrigued to see how he did in the league. He'd do well at City or Liverpool as they're the only ones with players who'd have movement, speed and brains for a lot of his plays not to be wasted, but he'd get man marked and clouted to fuck and I don't reckon he'd enjoy English footy.

Fully expect Lineker and the likes to go full blown masturbation though every time he scores a free kick.

• Like 1

This cunt has spent his whole career in the comfort zone. Give me Maradona any day of the week in terms of greatest Argentinian player ever. Took a struggling Napoli side to the Scudetto almost single handedly. Not to mention the 86 World Cup. All while stuffing loads of lemo up his nose and banging everything in sight. I think if Messi does try his luck outside of Barca it would be hilarious if it went tits up. The same pricks that were wanking themselves senseless over the free kick he scored against us at the nou camp last season would have to re-assess where he ranks in the all time great pantheon.

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

This cunt has spent his whole career in the comfort zone. Give me Maradona any day of the week in terms of greatest Argentinian player ever. Took a struggling Napoli side to the Scudetto almost single handedly. Not to mention the 86 World Cup. All while stuffing loads of lemo up his nose and banging everything in sight. I think if Messi does try his luck outside of Barca it would be hilarious if it went tits up. The same pricks that were wanking themselves senseless over the free kick he scored against us at the nou camp last season would have to re-assess where he ranks in the all time great pantheon.

Fucking right

Maradona was just magical who like has been said single handedly won the world Cup and Italian league. 

Going go watch the Maradona documentary again now. 

Smashing birds, smashing lemo and being a total fucking dude. Just imagine how better Maradona would be in todays football environment with sports science, the fitness and different lifestyle they have today. 

If Messi goes to City it will be the biggest shithouse move ever. 

As much as I hate Ronaldo the guy has done it in four different leagues and also at international level. He's always pushed himself out of his comfort zone.

• Upvote 1

For me, he's the greatest of all time. A player you'd tell your grandchildren about if you ever watched him in the flesh. It would really make me sick if he decided to move from Barca to a tinpot club like City! At the same time I'd love to see him play in the Premier League - preferably with us.

59 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

As I said in the other thread, Messi is a boring cunt.

My top 5 favourite Argentinians 

1. Sebastián Leto

2. Emiliano Insúa

3. Gabriel Paletta

4. Mauricio Pellegrino

5. God bless you Angel Di Maria for being such a complete disaster after costing so much money at Old Trafford

Wouldn’t be my top five but fair do’s, @Tony Moanero

Tha last thing cith need is fluff in midfield, they're already strong there, they need something in defence not a luxury player with no experience in fighting to win a game. He's already shown he's a coward that goes missing on the big occasions when he's needed. It will be fun to see him on a cold rainy night away to Burnley. Fuck him, this is going to be hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Butch said:

Tha last thing cith need is fluff in midfield, they're already strong there, they need something in defence not a luxury player with no experience in fighting to win a game. He's already shown he's a coward that goes missing on the big occasions when he's needed. It will be fun to see him on a cold rainy night away to Burnley. Fuck him, this is going to be hilarious. 

Aye he'll be fucked when he comes up against Ben Mee and whatever other carthorses play for them.