You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (N) Charity Shield - 29/8/20 - 16:30

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I think we desperately need a few different ways of playing.

We lack a goal threat from distance.

We lack some creativity in the middle when the flanks arnt working

We lack a goalscorer in the box because Robertson put in some unbelievable deliveries yesterday and no one was there.

Top 4 at best then this season, eh?

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We have lost 4 league games in two years - my hope is we continue to desperately need stuff.

Ah well that settles it then. We don't need to do anything else everybody, because we've only lost 4 games in two years.

Might as well give us the trophy now. Premier League take note!

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I think we desperately need a few different ways of playing.

We lack a goal threat from distance.

We lack some creativity in the middle when the flanks arnt working

We lack a goalscorer in the box because Robertson put in some unbelievable deliveries yesterday and no one was there.

Yep I agree with that mate.

We are boss and what we have done last two seasons is fantastic.

I do think though that teams should always look to build from a position of strength.

We've not been a more attractive proposition than we are now in decades - we are literally back on our perch, and we should be doing all we can to make sure we stay on it.

In my view that includes strengthening what is a very good but quite slight squad.....does that mean lashing out money like the cheats and buying 50/60m players to sit on the bench and like those plastic flag twats? - No......But it should mean refreshing/strengthening the squad in my view - creating some more competition, bolstering a couple of areas we are not deep in and adding quality...

Those trying to knock us off our perch and make our return to it a fleeting one will be strengthening - that is for certain. I don't think now is the time for us to stand still....we've had a small group of players perform miracles over last couple of seasons and it is hard physically and mentally - even the cheats with all their resources saw a drop off last season after 2 incredible seasons of their own.

We sat for so long not being an attractive enough proposition to build a squad to really compete let alone dominate, we are now and in my view we should absolutely be adding to this squad to help us do so.

We will need to be much more dynamic and adaptable. Everybody is watching us now, because we have been the team to beat. Klopp’s style will be copied and some will get close.

what we don’t want is players resting on laurels, but it’s a worry. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just what we need,an international break before we've even played a league game. Well done to the cunts at the governing bodies.

I think the Brazilians and Africans aren't going anywhere so hopefully we won't be too screwed by this nonsense for once. 

37 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Trent is picked, even though he has not played a single minute. Rashford is out saying he wants to ficus in being ready first !!!

We've always been too straight (stupid) for our own good when it comes to international games. 

I don't get it, especially with local lads. If I was good enough to play for Liverpool, which obviously was, I blame the scouting in place at the time, I would happily never play for England. 

It may be all the time they spend mixing with the other England players at under 18, 21 etc and see them as mates as opposed to the Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd shitheads I see the rest of the England squad as.  

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Trent is picked, even though he has not played a single minute. Rashford is out saying he wants to ficus in being ready first !!!

Same time after time.

He has literally told them to fuck off...meanwhile a player of ours who has actually been injured is in squad.

Quoted as saying:

"Gutted. I never want to let this team down but these fixtures just came a little too soon for me. I tried my best but I have to focus on starting the season at my strongest for club and country. Good luck boys, I’ll be cheering you on from home.”

• Upvote 1