You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Season fixtures 20/21

suzy

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

Have premier league said anything about viewing the 3 o clocks with the games still being behind closed doors?

What was the reason behind Premier league clubs having to rebate the TV money? 

The games got played in the end anyway, and I think there was even more games on TV during that time too, why would we owe Sky money? 

40 minutes ago, Aventus said:

What was the reason behind Premier league clubs having to rebate the TV money? 

The games got played in the end anyway, and I think there was even more games on TV during that time too, why would we owe Sky money? 

There’s loads of technicalities too it but the reality is that everyone paused their sky sports subscription for four months and they will never get that money back.  I think they argued it wasn’t what they paid for as well in terms of a lack of crowd.

I get the above but with nobody at games, wouldn’t they get more subscribers?

Also, if only a % of supporters can’t go to matches, what would happen to those season ticket holders?

I assume games season ticket holders are unable to attend will be refunded, but that’s still not the point of being a season ticket holder?

IMO, play all the championship games at 12.30 or 3pm and the Premiership games at 5.30pm or 8pm. Or vice versus. Or a combination avoiding 3pm.

Whatever way, all clubs home games should be watchable somehow. 

They still got their exclusivity for their number of games they originally agreed to I think they just lost that early match highlights bonus that you get on a Saturday.  They got their share of 3 o clocks as well.  I don’t think the extra subscribers would cover for that loss of money for four months.  You could argue a lot of things both ways I think.

I think what Scott is suggesting about different times for games is what will happen eventually.  It’s crazy really that you can watch any game you want abroad but not actually legally here.  They should just funnel more TV money down the pyramid and televise all games.

12 minutes ago, aws said:

The clubs with TV channels wanted to pursue the possibility of screening all their games but the other clubs didn't want it apparently. 

Sky / Virgin should have season ticket Chanel. 

You get a code from securing your season ticket. You input it into your Sky / Virgin account, you game your clubs home games for free.

But say, your a Burnley season ticket holder, Accrington also have a home game you have to pay extra for, both are 3pm Saturday & you can watch one on TV or pay to go to the other, the likelihood is your staying at home. 

You can cut it whatever way you want, there is nowhere near a perfect solution. 

15 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think what Scott is suggesting about different times for games is what will happen eventually.  It’s crazy really that you can watch any game you want abroad but not actually legally here.  They should just funnel more TV money down the pyramid and televise all games.

Agreed. 

11 minutes ago, aws said:

The clubs with TV channels wanted to pursue the possibility of screening all their games but the other clubs didn't want it apparently. 

You can’t blame them really.  It would become an even bigger joke if even more of Tv money went to the bigger clubs.  I think we would actually be able to compete with City long term if that was the case but I don’t like the idea of just loads of fodder in the league.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Sky / Virgin should have season ticket Chanel

I sooo hope this is an predictive text issue. 

I have the same thing. I was talking the other day about when we're going to see the Premiership title Prada through the streets of Liverpool. 

• Upvote 1

I've just had a quick look at the potential champions league groups, the top 2 pots are pretty much settled. The draw is on 1st October. 

Pot 1:

Liverpool

Real Madrid

Bayern Munich

Juventus

PSG

Zenit St Petersburg

Sevilla

Porto.

Pot 2:

Manchester City

Manchester United

Chelsea

Barcelona

Atletico Madrid

Borussia Dortmund

Shakhtar Donetsk

Benfica or Ajax.

After that most if it is dependent on qualification. 

Pot 3 teams include:

Benfica or Inter Milan

Ajax

Dynamo Kiev

RB Salzburg

RB Leipzig

Olympiacos

Lazio

Celtic.

From this group all of Benfica, Dynamo, Salzburg, Olympiacos and Celtic must come through qualifying rounds to be included.

Pot 4 teams include:

Atalanta

Dynamo Zagreb

Lokomotiv Moscow

Marseille

Club Brugge

Borussia Monchengladbach

Istanbul Basaksehir

Stade Rennais

So we're guaranteed to get one of Barca, Atletico, Dortmund, Shakhtar, 

Benfica or Ajax. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Hopefully, our away form in the CL will be a lot better this season. We were abysmal away last year.

It's been a bit up and down mainly in the group stages for a few years now, although we did beat Genk and Red Bull last season. I think we play too cautiously in some games instead of steamrollering teams like we did in the early Mo / Sadio years.