You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Le Tour 2020

dockers_strike

On 18/09/2020 at 14:19, SasaS said:

I wouldn't call riding a 30km mountain time trial so not to lose more than 50 seconds to Pogačar "just staying on the bike".

Roglič does look like he has it all wrapped up. One-two for Slovenia, which should not be a big surprise if you look at who you are dealing with. Slovenians don't mind cutting their hand off to swindle insurers, they had a justice minister who had to resign because she was protecting her friend accused of raping blood thirsty bullmastiff dogs, their Dominic Cummings is a fearless guy who keeps shitting on Croatia despite having a big summer home on Croatian Adriatic island fully in range of petrol bombs. And don't get me started on the NBA.

What is some bike race in France to this people? 

Well I would and I dont think any commentators saw or expected he'd blow it! What an incredible day for the tour! Roglic started the day with a 55 second lead and managed to blow it and then some! He lost virtually 2 minutes to conceed the yellow jersey on the last day of racing for the GC guys. Pogacar takes the tour title.

To be honest, I hadnt realised the last day for the GC was a time trial. I hate time trial days.

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Well I would and I dont think any commentators saw or expected he'd blow it! What an incredible day for the tour! Roglic started the day with a 55 second lead and managed to blow it and then some! He lost virtually 2 minutes to conceed the yellow jersey on the last day of racing for the GC guys. Pogacar takes the tour title.

To be honest, I hadnt realised the last day for the GC was a time trial. I hate time trial days.

I am still in shock. This may have been the best thing I have ever seen on the Tour and Pogačar, if he is clean, may turn out to be the greatest cyclist that ever lived.

40 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I am still in shock. This may have been the best thing I have ever seen on the Tour and Pogačar, if he is clean, may turn out to be the greatest cyclist that ever lived.

Who cares if he's clean. If he's doped, then it's still a level playing field, as the other GC contenders are sure to have been doped as well. 

It's been a decent tour, finally sky, or whatever the fuck they're called now have been beaten. 

Every man and their dog expected jumbo visma to out-sky them, and they did. Unfortunately for them, pogacar didn't follow the script 

11 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Who cares if he's clean. If he's doped, then it's still a level playing field, as the other GC contenders are sure to have been doped as well. 

It's been a decent tour, finally sky, or whatever the fuck they're called now have been beaten. 

Every man and their dog expected jumbo visma to out-sky them, and they did. Unfortunately for them, pogacar didn't follow the script 

That makes it even sweeter, winning it without the team grinding everyone into submission. Great, great Tour this year.

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I don't understand why they even try to pretend it is clean. All the money used on doping controls etc. Why not just call it all off? Everyone knows it is ridden with it, why try and keep the pretence?