You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Aug 11-17 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Tuesday Aug 11:

Lots of talk about us being in for some Brazilian wonderkid. We get this every transfer window and it never turns out to be anything so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to this one. For what it’s worth (not much) his name is Talles Magno and he plays for Vasco.

There are already ‘Welcome to Liverpool’ compilations of him on youtube. Why? I don’t get this. It happens all the time. No doubt there’s one for Jamal Lewis too, and every other player we’ve been linked with these last few months. Either wait until we sign them, or call the videos something else, you fucking spotty virgins.

Speaking of Lewis, Norwich are reportedly unhappy with us over the non-transfer. I almost called it a saga then but it only lasted a few days so it defo wasn’t a saga. Sagas usually go on all summer. Not sure what the issue is here though. We offered them £10m, they told us to fuck off and said they wouldn’t pick up for the phone for less than £20m, so we said fair enough and bought someone else for £11m.

What exactly is the problem here? They set an unrealistic valuation (which is their right) and we decided to go with a better value deal elsewhere. Now they’ve got their knickers in a knot over it. Was Michael Edwards wearing a Suarez mask on the zoom call when he put the bid in?

Ah, Luis Suarez. Remember the way he’d terrorise Norwich? Some of the goals were incredible but the most satisfying one was when he put a shot well wide and their fans were ripping the piss out of him. He pretended to walk away with his head down, demoralised, but the next thing he’s robbing the centre back, then nutmegging him and scoring with an outrageous shot with the outside of his foot into the far corner. The Norwich fans were just sat there open mouthed, although that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Fuck it, I’m going to watch it on youtube…. Ok, here’s the 12 goals he scored against Norwich. Enjoy.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

The Away shirt is a disgrace, and we 40/50 have something to say because we are the one who are actually paying for it. 

No way my son will ever get it, like the home one. Except if we win everything obviously.

When are we getting the fanzine, Dave ? And the Trent and Robbo shirt ? 

• Upvote 1

The sweetest thing about Guardiola for me is that he’s sold out to go to City in the biggest way you can.  Anyone that’s at the top of their game like he was in football who’s got any sort of morals should be working against these clubs.  They’re anti football.  They are literally there to do the PR for their country’s archaic regimes and to hell with however it damages the game.  He knows all this and eats away at him.

It’s almost like a comic book how it’s played out.  He’s like the evil genius and at the same time the anti-Guardiola superhero has risen.  He’s supposed to be the best manager in the world and now he’s been given infinite money and time to do whatever he wants.  Yet some other guy has come along taken over a club without a pot to piss in with all the weight of the previous 3 decades and completely had him off.

He will be having a serious crisis after this season I think.  He will be looking around thinking if I can’t win the European cup with infinite money here I don’t stand a fucking chance winning it anywhere else.

Then you look at how much Bayern have improved since he left.  They wouldn’t have him back.  Barcelona are a shambles who would definitely have him back but he wouldn’t stand a chance for a long time.  Juve looks like a club right up his street but he would be living on an aged Ronaldo and a load of Bosmans.  It’s hard to see where he goes from City which I think is why he’s lingering around.  I hope Klopp puts him to bed next season, in the champions league final would be nice.

• Upvote 5

Enjoyed that as usual. Nice wraparound if youd noticed. Suso played in the game you mentioned where Suarez scored after their fans were ripping the piss out of him. Sterling, Sahin and Wisdom also started in a 5-2 win and I remember thinking that we could go places with this team. 

Suso was poor on the day and I'd be surprised if he ever started in a big game for us again. Fair fucks to him for having a very good career

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic