You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Last 16 - Led Zeppelin vs The Kinks

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Last 16 - Led Zeppelin vs The Kinks  

73 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Last 16 - Led Zeppelin vs The Kinks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/20 at 11:33

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Why is it illegal for an adult to have sex with an under 16? Why did a female get sent down for child abuse after having sex with a 15 year old boy yesterday? 

Because the society in which it happened thinks proper consent cannot be given at that age. This is not the same as having sex with prepubescent children. 

Off topic and I dont want to derail the thread but I've got a problem enjoying things I took for granted because recent events have awakened my moral compass.

I've said many times how much I detest slavery and it's horrors have hit the headlines in recent months but ive now learned the biggest slave trader of all was the Roman emperor Ceazer. I admit to previously enjoying the odd Ceazer salad but no more, not after reading the book by Britains most celebrated historian Danny Dyer, 'My family tree, Europes baddest bad boys" forward by Leslie Grantham,  which Dyer describes his old ancestor as " me ol uncle Ceazer could be a very very naughty gezzer" before detailing how his uncle went through peoples manors "like a feckinng rashh".

Begs the question what stupid cunt called a salad after a tyrant?

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Off topic and I dont want to derail the thread but I've got a problem enjoying things I took for granted because recent events have awakened my moral compass.

I've said many times how much I detest slavery and it's horrors have hit the headlines in recent months but ive now learned the biggest slave trader of all was the Roman emperor Ceazer. I admit to previously enjoying the odd Ceazer salad but no more, not after reading the book by Britains most celebrated historian Danny Dyer, 'My family tree, Europes baddest bad boys" forward by Leslie Grantham,  which Dyer describes his old ancestor as " me ol uncle Ceazer could be a very very naughty gezzer" before detailing how his uncle went through peoples manors "like a feckinng rashh".

Begs the question what stupid cunt called a salad after a tyrant?

It's not called after him.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It would be difficult for it to be as his name isn't Ceazer.

The fellas that built the pyramids - did they pop out of bed each morning, have a nice cuppa as the wife packed their lunch and off they went whistling a happy tune?

Just the very little ones. 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It would be difficult for it to be as his name isn't Ceazer.

The fellas that built the pyramids - did they pop out of bed each morning, have a nice cuppa as the wife packed their lunch and off they went whistling a happy tune?

Quite possibly, yeah. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/11/great-pyramid-tombs-slaves-egypt

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't think there is a distinction between "children" and "underage girls". In law, 14 year olds are children and are below the age of consent. If Jimmy page or Bill Wyman had committed the same crimes today they would be on D wing as sex offenders albeit with a great back catalogue which is all that distinguishes them from Gary Glitter. 

A 17 year old is a child in the eyes of the law

When Jimmy Page was 28, he was (allegedly) dating the 14 year old Lori Mattix.

I have a daughter who is nearly 14, and if I found out that a 28 year old was 'dating' her, I wouldn't need to think about physical vs mental maturity, I would stab the cunt.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

There is a distinction. Underage girls are legally children, but they are mostly sexually mature. The society makes a distinction between physical and mental sexual maturity, and than decides on the age where this difference is no longer seen to exist. This differs from society to society, country to country, subject to various factors. If you are sexually attracted to a prepubescent girl, you are a pedophile, regardless of the fact if you act on it or not. If you are sexually attracted to a sexually mature underage girl, you are in most cases a normal heterosexual male, but if you act on it, the problems begin (ability to give consent is questionable, manipulation, inequality etc.). Age of consent is different in various European countries, because this as always a matter of debate, where the line is, and it depends on various factors, specific to a particular society. Having sex with a 15 year old girl is a crime in the UK, but it is legal in France and many other European countries. On the other hand, having sex with a prepubescent girl, age 9, 10, 11 is illegal anywhere and is not a matter of debate (where the line is).
(First) Line is drawn at physical  sexual maturity, the second line is drawn where society thinks mental maturity is still not catching up with physical maturity. This is the difference and this is why there is a distinction.

Do we have a nonce thread?

BTW I am always flabbergasted how people don't see this distinction and prefer to point the finger and hysterically scream nonce. 

There’s legal and there’s morally acceptable. As you say, Jimmy Page’s 14 year old would be legal in many countries including here, Germany and Italy providing he wasn’t judged to be in a position of trust such as a teacher. The justification for the age being lower is so that you don’t have to keep prosecuting 16 year olds. However that wouldn’t stop him being basically excluded from most circles of society, prevent him from getting a decent job if potential employers were aware and the police turning a blind eye if the father chose to knock lumps out of him. As other have said, rock stars of the past seem to get treated differently on this matter

11 minutes ago, markcd said:

I have a daughter who is nearly 14, and if I found out that a 28 year old was 'dating' her, I wouldn't need to think about physical vs mental maturity, I would stab the cunt.

Her mother apparently encouraged her on to the LA groupie scene where she was thereafter a willing participant with a number of famous musicians.

If you ever find yourself in that situation  you might want to have a word with your missus before getting the blade out.

15 minutes ago, markcd said:

Even if he kidnapped her romantically?

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Her mother apparently encouraged her on to the LA groupie scene where she was thereafter a willing participant with a number of famous musicians.

If you ever find yourself in that situation  you might want to have a word with your missus before getting the blade out.

Many of the groupies of that day were celebrities in their own right.

13 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

There’s legal and there’s morally acceptable. As you say, Jimmy Page’s 14 year old would be legal in many countries including here, Germany and Italy providing he wasn’t judged to be in a position of trust such as a teacher. The justification for the age being lower is so that you don’t have to keep prosecuting 16 year olds. However that wouldn’t stop him being basically excluded from most circles of society, prevent him from getting a decent job if potential employers were aware and the police turning a blind eye if the father chose to knock lumps out of him. As other have said, rock stars of the past seem to get treated differently on this matter

Maybe that should be the clue?

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

The fact she was failed by her mum doesn't excuse other people's actions - and I guess it comes down to whether you think a 14 year old can be a "willing participant" or not.