You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions Of Everything - Preseason - 2020/21

Lario

Figured we could throw all preseason news/videos/articles in here.

Let's start with a doozy.

https://talksport.com/football/747228/liverpool-player-staff-positive-coronavirus-pre-season-austria/

Liverpool player or staff member ‘receives positive coronavirus test’ during pre-season training camp in Austria

A Liverpool player or staff member has tested positive for coronavirus during the club’s pre-season tour of Austria, it has been claimed.

The Premier League champions are being put through their paces ahead of the 2020/21 season, which gets underway in less than a month’s time.

Jurgen Klopp had wanted to hold his pre-season camp in France but plans had to be changed because of the coronavirus pandemic and an increase in cases in the country.

Liverpool are currently at a pre-season training camp in Austria

And now Kronen Zeitung claim a member of the Liverpool party has tested positive for COVID-19 in Austria even though the club are sealed off from the public.

The Reds are based on the outskirts of Salzburg as their pre-season got underway on Saturday following their first league title win in 30 years.

Liverpool had earlier changed the location from Evian after France was added to the United Kingdom’s quarantine list.

Liverpool had to change their pre-season plans at the last minute

Jurgen Klopp’s side are the reigning Premier League champions

Klopp told the Liverpool official website: “Not everybody was involved but I have to say Ray Haughan, Phil Holliday… it was not an easy task!

“The last five days were obviously very difficult because it looked like step-by-step more likely that France [would] come on the quarantine list and that’s a decision we are not involved in, we cannot judge even. We just have to try to react to it.

“I had a call with Ray and said, ‘We should try to create a plan B.’ In this moment his holiday was over, Phil Holliday’s holiday was over and they just tried to make sure that we find something.

Liverpool are currently based just outside of Salzburg in Austria

“There were two countries where we were looking for it, it was Austria and Germany. Austria here, a lot of teams come here, always came in the past, a lot of teams are here now in the moment – maybe not from England but from all other countries pretty much. It’s a good place absolutely. I have to say, all credit to the hotel that they made it happen.

“So we are in a safe environment, it looks really all set. Before we came here I think Nice were here, so they are used to these kind of things.

“We ask for quite a lot in these moments and they delivered all so far. The pitch is great, which is good, the rooms are good, the food is our food, so it’s all how it should be.”

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

The area around Salzburg is bloody lovely. I'm jealous.

We’re in talks about playing Salzburg while we were over there.

I assume we’ll have to get this COVID-19 thing cleared up first though. 

Considering Arsenal is next weekend and then it’s the worst placed international break in history before the season starts on 12/9, I wonder how many friendlies we’ll play?

Maybe Salzburg on Saturday, somebody else mid-next week, Arsenal, then non-internationals have a game on the 5th & 8th September? 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Heard something about Origi missing the past two days training. Though that was some blert saying he was off

@LFCphoto have loads of training photos from Austria. Origi is in a picture yesterday.

There aren’t any of Trent for a couple of days though. 

Just Googling the international fixtures for September, I think it’s only European nations who are playing in the waste of time Nations League. 

So, I’d assume we’d be able to cobble a team of non-European internationals for some sort of fixtures. 

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

@LFCphoto have loads of training photos from Austria. Origi is in a picture yesterday.

Just read TWTW & that Trent stayed behind at Melwood with a knock.

I would have guessed next at Karius but catching stuff isn’t his forte.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

OK 

Trent is at home. Got a injury, should be back for community shield

21 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

Three glimpses of Karius and I’m depressed.

I keep seeing Karius revisionism that says he’s better than Adrian and it’s gnawing at me. I know the Atletico disaster is a fresher memory, but one is a mediocre back-up keeper with mistakes in him, the other a complete wreck who constantly shat the bed in the Turkish league. We probably wouldn’t have won the league last season had Karius been the man to come in for Alison, because the defence & crowd would have been nervous from the get-go and it all would have snowballed from his first fuck up.

• Upvote 1

Know idea Suzy.

I just copied and pasted everything from the talksport website.

But I'm using preseason to iron out these issues. In the meantime...

NINTCHDBPICT000602672140-e1597747777286.

NINTCHDBPICT000602671477-e1597747818512.

NINTCHDBPICT000602535193-e1597747856714.

NINTCHDBPICT000602534913-e1597747901958.

I do like that new training gear.

Wonder what it'll look like on a fat, middle-aged, greying man.

• Upvote 3

Could be better, could be worse. 

Chelsea, Everton & Citeh away when there is likely to be limited / zero fans in grounds. 

Hopefully we’ll have Anfield approaching full come January when we have those fixtures and the mancs. 

WBA and Burnley are 2 shitty last away games. If there is anything at stake, be impossible to get a ticket. 

At least we finish at home to get any trophy. 

C716C919-1997-42D1-8191-2A33ABCE29FD.png

5C8A66DE-C4DD-48B3-84A0-C14D3668F252.png