Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 72 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

It genuinely doesn't matter if Fernandes is any good or not. If they keep playing him and Pogba, both of whom want to play as number 10s, in front of 68 year old Matic, in front of one of the worst collection of defenders in the league, they are going to continue being utter shite.

Hard agree, and hopefully it remains so for at least the rest of this season.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Plus van De Beek who is the exact same type of midfielder as Pogba and Fernandes. 

Nah, he's not. Harder working and can play anywhere in midfield. Probably wasted further back though. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

It genuinely doesn't matter if Fernandes is any good or not. If they keep playing him and Pogba, both of whom want to play as number 10s, in front of 68 year old Matic, in front of one of the worst collection of defenders in the league, they are going to continue being utter shite.

It’s as you said before the balance in the side/squad is awful.  They’re too attacking with Pogba and Fernandez on the pitch.  Pogba completely switches off and Fernandez is an idiot defensively himself and gives the ball away far too much for a centre mid.  For the money they’ve paid and the hype they give them they need to start every game.  They then go and buy Van De Beek which literally sums up the their transfer policy.  He’s then sat on the bench despite looking like a better footballer and will probably do so for most of the season.  It leaves their only proper defensive mid as Matic who is slow and old.

Just now, cloggypop said:

Nah, he's not. Harder working and can play anywhere in midfield. Probably wasted further back though. 

You can't play all three together which is my point. They aren't complimentary. 

Good goal by the EV, DCL looking quite decent this year.

Wouldn't mind the EV in the top 4 as I no longer have to listen to their semi insane fans. Also, their away kit is better than ours

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can't play all three together which is my point. They aren't complimentary. 

I'd drop Pogba for Donny myself but they probably should have bought a different midfielder instead. 

1 minute ago, derykw said:

Good header by Kouyate for Palace.

Little arms should have tried to save it instead of swotting a fly.