You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

One for the shiteness of modern football thread. They won the league a few days ago!! 

In what respect? 

That he’s refusing to go on or they are forcing sales on him? 

Conte seems highly ambitious and any challenge to that seems to to cause significant friction. 

But in these circumstances, can you Inter for wanting to recoup losses? Italian clubs are hardly rolling in it these days.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Spurs fans are desperate for Conte.

So they should be, he’s been a success everywhere he’s been. 

IMO, he’s certainly a surer bet than Martinez, Rodgers, Klinsmann or Potter. 

On the other hand, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was appointed and then quit the moment Kane was sold!

Hope they get Bobby Brown Shoes. He's much easier to work with than Conte, except... he's Bobby Brown Shoes. Not that Spurs need a bit of Everton, as they've got plenty 'Spurs' of their own, but Bobby could mix it up a little bit with some good ol' 'once Everton has touched you'.

Not sure what I think to this.

It would obviously lead to more ET and penalties. 

I know it’s been the same for god knows how many years, but should games at the highest level be decided on an away goals?

Wouldn’t it be fairer to finish on merit (I know away goals has a level of merit, but you know what I mean...).

96E4335F-F41F-41B4-A24D-71744E54902C.png

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure what I think to this.

It would obviously lead to more ET and penalties. 

I know it’s been the same for god knows how many years, but should games at the highest level be decided on an away goals?

Wouldn’t it be fairer to finish on merit (I know away goals has a level of merit, but you know what I mean...).

96E4335F-F41F-41B4-A24D-71744E54902C.png

I'd prefer to keep it but only for 90 minutes. Counting in extra time has always given the away team an unfair advantage in the 2nd leg. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, clangers said:

I'd prefer to keep it but only for 90 minutes. Counting in extra time has always given the away team an unfair advantage in the 2nd leg. 

That’s my initial impression as well. 

I’d assume there is an all encompassing fact pack on the amount of ties decided by away goals, if they are before or during ET, the quality of the sides it benefits etc etc etc that the heads of our European football federation have thoroughly studied and come to the correct decision...

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The football World turns it's eyes to the Europa final tonight, a high profile occasion, millions watching, surely the ideal platform for a protest to highlight the plight of your club?

Rumours of Norwich fans being beaten up outside pubs in Gdansk... 

20 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The football World turns it's eyes to the Europa final tonight, a high profile occasion, millions watching, surely the ideal platform for a protest to highlight the plight of your club?

because they have never given a shite unless its some inbred mongrels spiting off about bin dippers on sky tv

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Conte has won Premiership, has won Italian league a few times, has experience in Europe and Internationally. 

I don’t see how Rodgers is a better bet.

Conte is a gobshite. Rodgers is a very very good manager and if I was a Spurs fan I'd much rather Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Conte is a gobshite. Rodgers is a very very good manager and if I was a Spurs fan I'd much rather Rodgers. 

Can’t agree. Serial winner v serial (FA Cup Final aside) bottler. 

If it wasn’t obviously going to be Gerrard, Conte would be very high up on my list of replacements for, eventually, Klopp.

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In what respect? 

That he’s refusing to go on or they are forcing sales on him? 

Conte seems highly ambitious and any challenge to that seems to to cause significant friction. 

But in these circumstances, can you Inter for wanting to recoup losses? Italian clubs are hardly rolling in it these days.

The fact they need to sell 80mil of players after winning the league

I know our owners are mingebags but imagine 3 days after winning the title FSG told Klopp they need to sell a large percentage of the squad.

I don’t blame Conte at all, I’m having a pop at the club

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

If it wasn’t obviously going to be Gerrard, Conte would be very high up on my list of replacements for, eventually, Klopp.

Have to agree to disagree. 

14 minutes ago, Juniper said:

The fact they need to sell 80mil of players after winning the league

I know our owners are mingebags but imagine 3 days after winning the title FSG told Klopp they need to sell a large percentage of the squad.

I don’t blame Conte at all, I’m having a pop at the club

Yeah, I agree.

I think Conte got a bum deal at Chelsea as well. 

Italians aren’t as wealthy as they were in the 90’s. I think if somebody would come in with £80m for Lukaku or Martinez, that’d be easier to swallow than than losing 4/5/6 players they’ll likely have to sell. Nobody has the money for Lukaku or Martinez.

No doubt they’ll be wanting a loan to buy (which they won’t exercise) for numerous players this summer.

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Conte is a better manager and would probably get more from the players in the short term but will probably fall out with Levy in 18 months.

Rodgers would improve them over a longer period and is less likely to upset the apple cart.