Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

What final? There’s no final this year. 

 

 

We all know if there was a certain team in red in the final there wouldn't be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A_S said:

Leicester fans will be gutted at missing out on Champions League next season, but they're 4 points better off compared to last season and won the FA Cup. 

 

Rodgers is doing a good job there. 

Can see him going to Spurs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2021 at 14:05, dockers_strike said:

Spurs considering Bobby Brown Shoes as manager after the Euros. That'll end in tears.


I read that as well. The most Spursy appointment ever. Might as well get Ossie Ardiles back.

 

I see Conte is threatening to leave Inter again. If Spurs were smart, they’d go for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I read that as well. The most Spursy appointment ever. Might as well get Ossie Ardiles back.

 

I see Conte is threatening to leave Inter again. If Spurs were smart, they’d go for him.

Klinsmanns thrown his name into the hat as well 

 

Their best bet would be Rodgers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard today that this season was the closest (11 points behind City) Utd have been to winning the league since Ferguson retired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Klinsmanns thrown his name into the hat as well 

 

Their best bet would be Rodgers 


Conte has won Premiership, has won Italian league a few times, has experience in Europe and Internationally. 
 

I don’t see how Rodgers is a better bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Potter would be a good appointment for them, in my opinion. 

 

But they'll go for a name (likely with a mediocre record). 


I agree. I think he’s showing signs of being a top coach. 
 

Like us hiring Rodgers, it’d be a very bold / brave move. My concern is, like Rodgers & us, it would be too soon for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I agree. I think he’s showing signs of being a top coach. 
 

Like us hiring Rodgers, it’d be a very bold / brave move. My concern is, like Rodgers & us, it would be too soon for him. 

Maybe. But he's got a decade of managerial experience. And did miraculous work in Sweden.

 

No guarantees, of course. But Martinez? Meh... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Maybe. But he's got a decade of managerial experience. And did miraculous work in Sweden.

 

No guarantees, of course. But Martinez? Meh... 

 

Didn’t realise all that abroad. I just thought he went from Swansea to Brighton. 
 

I do think he maybe needs a step up from Brighton first, but I think Spurs might be a quick. 
 

He’d be perfect for Leicester if Rodgers went to Spurs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

 

Didn’t realise all that abroad. I just thought he went from Swansea to Brighton. 
 

I do think he maybe needs a step up from Brighton first, but I think Spurs might be a quick. 

In December 2010, Potter signed a three-year contract as coach of Östersund, who were then playing in the fourth tier of Swedish football, starting on 24 January 2011.[11] Potter was offered the job after Graeme Jones, his friend and assistant to Roberto Martínez at Swansea City, recommended him to chairman Daniel Kindberg after their pre-season friendly with Swansea.[12]

 

In 2013, after two successive promotions, Potter extended his contract with the club for another three years.[13] On 27 October 2015, Östersund secured promotion to the Swedish top flight, Allsvenskan, for the first time in their history following a second-place finish in the 2015 Superettan.[14] Östersund finished their debut season in eighth place, winning plaudits for their "slick passing game" and competing on a limited budget.[15][16]

 

On 13 April 2017, Potter's Östersund team won the Svenska Cupen, beating Norrköping 4–1 in the final.[17] This granted the team a place in the second qualifying round of the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League where they defeated Galatasaray 3–1 on aggregate.[18] In the third round they defeated Fola Esch 3–1 on aggregate[19] and in the play-offs they knocked out PAOK (3–3 on aggregate with more away goals), thus securing a historic entry into the Europa League group stage.[20][15] They finished second in their group, level on points with Athletic Bilbao.[21] Despite beating Arsenal 2–1 at the Emirates Stadium, they were eliminated from the competition after losing 4–2 on aggregate.[22] Östersund finished their domestic league season in fifth place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

In December 2010, Potter signed a three-year contract as coach of Östersund, who were then playing in the fourth tier of Swedish football, starting on 24 January 2011.[11] Potter was offered the job after Graeme Jones, his friend and assistant to Roberto Martínez at Swansea City, recommended him to chairman Daniel Kindberg after their pre-season friendly with Swansea.[12]

 

In 2013, after two successive promotions, Potter extended his contract with the club for another three years.[13] On 27 October 2015, Östersund secured promotion to the Swedish top flight, Allsvenskan, for the first time in their history following a second-place finish in the 2015 Superettan.[14] Östersund finished their debut season in eighth place, winning plaudits for their "slick passing game" and competing on a limited budget.[15][16]

 

On 13 April 2017, Potter's Östersund team won the Svenska Cupen, beating Norrköping 4–1 in the final.[17] This granted the team a place in the second qualifying round of the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League where they defeated Galatasaray 3–1 on aggregate.[18] In the third round they defeated Fola Esch 3–1 on aggregate[19] and in the play-offs they knocked out PAOK (3–3 on aggregate with more away goals), thus securing a historic entry into the Europa League group stage.[20][15] They finished second in their group, level on points with Athletic Bilbao.[21] Despite beating Arsenal 2–1 at the Emirates Stadium, they were eliminated from the competition after losing 4–2 on aggregate.[22] Östersund finished their domestic league season in fifth place.


Impressive, however Hodgeson also did well in Sweden!

 

I (partially) jest. I do think he looks to have the makings of a good coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott_M said:


Impressive, however Hodgeson also did well in Sweden!

From the 4th division to European knock out stages on a small budget?

 

Potter has achieved more in Europe than Rodgers. On far more limited resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We’d never sell you to them, Scott.


Exsqueeze me?

 

Edit - Understood. Somewhat slow on the uptake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Conte out at Inter. Truly great manager but seems almost impossible to work with.


Think he has a point here, but also appreciate the clubs point of view.
 

648B6156-A65F-4413-A4AF-246C80AB1D71.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


Think he has a point here, but also appreciate the clubs point of view.
 

648B6156-A65F-4413-A4AF-246C80AB1D71.jpeg

One for the shiteness of modern football thread. They won the league a few days ago!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×