Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 61 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

11 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Not a fan of music playing after goals, but that tune is the perfect soundtrack to a Pickford changer.

I would prefer the Looney Tunes signature 

https://youtu.be/0jTHNBKjMBU

13 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Stig has just informed me that my local club Wrexham are being taken over by Rob McElhenhey and Ryan Reynolds this is just crazy 

When I read the above, I picked up on Mac straight away but for Reynolds my first thought was Dennis, Frank & Dee were getting in on the act as well.

4 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Lampard must be a genius again, they're winning 5-0*

* V Barnsley

Now 6 and the beeb reporting that as Giroud scores fwank is seen laughing on the bench.

Remind me what he said about us last season.. something about class wasn’t it??

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Now 6 and the beeb reporting that as Giroud scores fwank is seen laughing on the bench.

Remind me what he said about us last season.. something about class wasn’t it??

We all know that Chelsea don't have any class. 

On 22/09/2020 at 15:12, JagSquared said:

moyes and 2 of his players have tested positive for Covid I do wonder if we will get through this season at all.

My worry exactly. If you cancel a match for two players, hard to see the season proceeding in situations where you have more players getting the virus. Hope we get the vaccine asap.

City and United not wanting to pay for Covid tests for the league cup games is pretty poor showing considering what they are spending / looking to spend. Us, Chelsea and spurs have agreed to pay.

Madness if a Prem side doesn't pay for testing although I think Hull refused to test even though West Ham said they'd pay.  

25 minutes ago, aws said:

Madness if a Prem side doesn't pay for testing although I think Hull refused to test even though West Ham said they'd pay.  

Some EFL sides are refusing them though.

I agree, PL clubs should offer tests and pay for them. I also think in the current climate, PL clubs should let EFL clubs, especially League One & Two clubs, keep all the tv money for televised EFL Cup games to help them out.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, aws said:

Should be compulsory 

Some mention of the PL looking at giving up to £240m to the lower leagues.

On a separate matter, do we really need 92 full time league clubs in a country this size.

Sorry, while I’m all for PL paying for the tests, the EFL tests should be compulsory. If they refuse they should forfeit the game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Zlatan has tested positive for COVID, report Sky

Poor bastard virus

He must hoover up all the virus when he walks in a room. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

On a separate matter, do we really need 92 full time league clubs in a country this size.

I have always wondered this.

If I'm honest I probably would feel totally different about it if the club I supported was one of the ones on the chopping block but every once in a while there is a campaign to "Save the Loudonchester Yellows" or whatever and all I can think is "why?"

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

Bit difficult telling clubs in the lower leagues we know what's best for you and that best is to be part time.

I understand where you're coming from what with a lot of these clubs living a hand to mouth existence. We may be very lucky if we dont lose 5 to 10 professional clubs during all these lockdowns with no crowds.

Myself, I dont like the overseas lower league models of having a Liverpool "A", manchester united and city "A" etc taking the place of clubs like Scunthorpe, Newport, Exeter and Barrow .

It is far too late to create that system but a minor league with affiliation would be more interesting.

The majority of these clubs need to get to fan ownership.

And I agree, it will be more than 5 or 10 clubs affected.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Bit difficult telling clubs in the lower leagues we know what's best for you and that best is to be part time.

I understand where you're coming from what with a lot of these clubs living a hand to mouth existence. We may be very lucky if we dont lose 5 to 10 professional clubs during all these lockdowns with no crowds.

Myself, I dont like the overseas lower league models of having a Liverpool "A", manchester united and city "A" etc taking the place of clubs like Scunthorpe, Newport, Exeter and Barrow .

Just not sure why in every other major footballing country in Europe the 92nd level club would be basically playing in a beefed up park league while ours , in a smaller country than most, have to be full time.