You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yet again two great results for us with Leicester and Newcastle both losing. Perfectly set up for us to fuck it up for ourselves yet again. 

You’re telling me it’s possible to have no CL winner this season?

Utter despair for the Sheffield Wednesday players as they are relegated to League One.

Fuck me, people may say Stevie had it easy in Scotland with Rangers but his contemporaries, lampard and rooney, one got sacked half way through the season and rooney just scraped staying in the Championship thanks to Rotherham's draw at cardiff.

Whichever way you look at it, Levy's decision to sack mourinho before the EFL Final was bizarre. Reports he was concerned their 'top' players would want to leave the club if they failed to qualify for the CL so pulled the trigger.

That strategy might have been fine if you had another top manager to come in and gee the squad up. But this Ryan Mason is just a no mark who is cheap and hasnt a clue.

Kane, Son and Alli will surely look to move on now from this shitfest unfolding before their eyes?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Been playing on the left as often as not over the last 6 months.

I should not have said he can't play on the left. I should've said he wouldn't play on the left at Liverpool because we play with inside forwards and a false 9

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Whichever way you look at it, Levy's decision to sack mourinho before the EFL Final was bizarre. Reports he was concerned their 'top' players would want to leave the club if they failed to qualify for the CL so pulled the trigger.

That strategy might have been fine if you had another top manager to come in and gee the squad up. But this Ryan Mason is just a no mark who is cheap and hasnt a clue.

Kane, Son and Alli will surely look to move on now from this shitfest unfolding before their eyes?

Alli? No loss. 

I have had the grave misfortune of having to watch Leeds a fair bit this season as a couple of amigos are die hard fans and I took one up on a bet for them not finishing in the top 10 - they are making a good fist of it and thepoints taken from us may see them over the top and us miss out on the CL - cunt season.

He would easily play on either side for us and off the left would give us another option.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have had the grave misfortune of having to watch Leeds a fair bit this season as a couple of amigos are die hard fans and I took one up on a bet for them not finishing in the top 10 - they are making a good fist of it and thepoints taken from us may see them over the top and us miss out on the CL - cunt season.

He would easily play on either side for us and off the left would give us another option.

Why would we play a conventional winger on his strong foot? We don't play with a striker 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why would we play a conventional winger on his strong foot? We don't play with a striker 

We don't have one.

The set up was made to get the most out of Salah, who cannot function as a "conventional winger" - pretty sure it will be tweaked over this off season.

Mane played some of his best stuff for us on the right, Firmino played quite a bit on the left that season - most folks were saying he sacrificed some of his game when he had to move to the left.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

We don't have one.

The set up was made to get the most out of Salah, who cannot function as a "conventional winger" - pretty sure it will be tweaked over this off season.

Mane played some of his best stuff for us on the right, Firmino played quite a bit on the left that season - most folks were saying he sacrificed some of his game when he had to move to the left.

Well yeah, that was my point, and Raphinha is a more conventional winger, so that's why I think he would only really make sense if we're also buying a striker and we change our tactics. And those are lots of changes.

Whether we "buy a striker" or not I guarantee we will work on having a different approach - we are painfully easy to play against these days. That will change a little when we bring the big boys at the back into the team but I would be very surprised if Klopps plan is just to try to emulate 2 years ago with the same fellas.

Not sure any of this matters as I do not think Leeds are selling.