Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 597 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Christ, the Leicester and Chelsea fixtures plus our two games in hand....this could be remarkable.  

West Ham will get top four now, easiest run in of the clubs in the top 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely wing play from Raphinha on the left wing, not bad for a guy who’s supposedly “completely right sided”.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don’t win tonight, I’m going to spontaneously combust. 
 

I’ve been close a few times this season, but I think I could pop tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again two great results for us with Leicester and Newcastle both losing. Perfectly set up for us to fuck it up for ourselves yet again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yet again two great results for us with Leicester and Newcastle both losing. Perfectly set up for us to fuck it up for ourselves yet again. 

You’re telling me it’s possible to have no CL winner this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Lovely wing play from Raphinha on the left wing, not bad for a guy who’s supposedly “completely right sided”.

Haha, get your shots in you feisty little bastard, love it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utter despair for the Sheffield Wednesday players as they are relegated to League One.

 

Fuck me, people may say Stevie had it easy in Scotland with Rangers but his contemporaries, lampard and rooney, one got sacked half way through the season and rooney just scraped staying in the Championship thanks to Rotherham's draw at cardiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whichever way you look at it, Levy's decision to sack mourinho before the EFL Final was bizarre. Reports he was concerned their 'top' players would want to leave the club if they failed to qualify for the CL so pulled the trigger.

 

That strategy might have been fine if you had another top manager to come in and gee the squad up. But this Ryan Mason is just a no mark who is cheap and hasnt a clue.

 

Kane, Son and Alli will surely look to move on now from this shitfest unfolding before their eyes?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Lovely wing play from Raphinha on the left wing, not bad for a guy who’s supposedly “completely right sided”.

Been playing on the left as often as not over the last 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Been playing on the left as often as not over the last 6 months.

I should not have said he can't play on the left. I should've said he wouldn't play on the left at Liverpool because we play with inside forwards and a false 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Whichever way you look at it, Levy's decision to sack mourinho before the EFL Final was bizarre. Reports he was concerned their 'top' players would want to leave the club if they failed to qualify for the CL so pulled the trigger.

 

That strategy might have been fine if you had another top manager to come in and gee the squad up. But this Ryan Mason is just a no mark who is cheap and hasnt a clue.

 

Kane, Son and Alli will surely look to move on now from this shitfest unfolding before their eyes?

Alli? No loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the grave misfortune of having to watch Leeds a fair bit this season as a couple of amigos are die hard fans and I took one up on a bet for them not finishing in the top 10 - they are making a good fist of it and thepoints taken from us may see them over the top and us miss out on the CL - cunt season.

 

 

He would easily play on either side for us and off the left would give us another option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have had the grave misfortune of having to watch Leeds a fair bit this season as a couple of amigos are die hard fans and I took one up on a bet for them not finishing in the top 10 - they are making a good fist of it and thepoints taken from us may see them over the top and us miss out on the CL - cunt season.

 

 

He would easily play on either side for us and off the left would give us another option.

Why would we play a conventional winger on his strong foot? We don't play with a striker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why would we play a conventional winger on his strong foot? We don't play with a striker 

We don't have one.

The set up was made to get the most out of Salah, who cannot function as a "conventional winger" - pretty sure it will be tweaked over this off season.

Mane played some of his best stuff for us on the right, Firmino played quite a bit on the left that season - most folks were saying he sacrificed some of his game when he had to move to the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

We don't have one.

The set up was made to get the most out of Salah, who cannot function as a "conventional winger" - pretty sure it will be tweaked over this off season.

Mane played some of his best stuff for us on the right, Firmino played quite a bit on the left that season - most folks were saying he sacrificed some of his game when he had to move to the left.

Well yeah, that was my point, and Raphinha is a more conventional winger, so that's why I think he would only really make sense if we're also buying a striker and we change our tactics. And those are lots of changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • He has his own personal reasons
    • I’m earning £500 a week and paying out 80% for my bills. 
      Bill is earning £750 a week and paying out 60% for his bills. Bill is stupid according to Twitcher in the bushes!
    • VAR brought in for offsides on the basis that a player was or wasn't offside even by the smallest of margins. Drawing wider lines is moving the deck chairs as there will still be endless controversy over whether player was just over or just behind the wider line . Cut to the chase and the the real change is that we wont see the lines on screen any more so wont be able to scrutinise their fuck ups.  As for pens and the degree of contact required then good luck with that , Flawed as it players do generally understand the risks they take tackling in the box but now we are going to get arguments and inconsistencies again about how much contact is allowed .   The only benefit I can see is that it might speed up the games a little but it won't make it any fairer or consistent.  
    • Xherdan Shaqiri says he is raring to go for Liverpool ahead of the new season and in an interview with the club’s website he did not mention leaving Anfield.   In an apparent change of tact, the Switzerland star now looks focused on winning major honours at Liverpool.   Only last week the 29-year-old attacker revealed his time at Anfield was coming to an end.   Shaqiri has been ripe for a transfer for the last 18 months, but the former Basel man said he was ready for a new challenge very recently.   It appeared his patience at Anfield had expired and with Harvey Elliott primed for a chance in the first-team after excelling at Blackburn last year, both Shaqiri and Divock Origi were tipped to make way.   Speaking to Corriere dello Sport (via Fabrizio Romano), Shaqiri revealed the Liverpool board had accepted his request for a “new challenge”.   “I told Liverpool board I feel ready for a new challenge,” said Shaqiri. “They accepted my decision and will now consider bids to sell me. Liverpool won’t stop me this summer.   “I’d love to come back to Italy, and I’d like to play for Lazio.”   But the Reds’ No.23 reported for pre-season training last week and Liverpoolfc.com have interviewed him.   Now, it’s clear they would have avoided all transfer talk, but his focus seems to be solely on Liverpool.   Asked how he was feeling, he said: “Good, good. I’m happy to be with the team again here. I’m looking forward to having a good pre-season and start a good campaign again.   “We had some holidays, the guys who were at the Euros or the Copa America. I’m a couple of days here and I’m trying to get 100 per cent fit again. I’m feeling good.   “It was a very good Euros personally and of course with my country. It was something historical what we achieved and it’s something special for my country. I’m very proud of this.   “It says to me the hard work I do every day and with my country. I’m very, very pleased and happy and proud, of course, to achieve this kind of thing. I hope much more is going to come.”   Asked if his exploits at Euro 2020 had lifted his spirits, he said: “I’m looking forward to the new season and hopefully we’re going to achieve what we want to achieve with this club.   “Our goal is always to win, to play for titles and to give 100 per cent on the pitch. Then we will see what happens. But, of course, we’re going to try everything to win.   “Obviously we have a few players who were injured, they are back and they give us [an] extra boost for sure. The fans are going to be back again, I think, and that also gives us another boost to try to achieve our goals this season.   “We know how Anfield is when we have a game and how they push us through the game and how many times we won the games or we came back with the fans – something special. Of course, it’s going to give us an extra boost.”   While Shaqiri is convinced Jurgen Klopp’s men can get back to competing for the title this season.   “Of course, yeah. We have [a] top-quality group and very good lads – this is also very important to have good characters. To achieve as a club, we need to stick together as a team.   “If we do that and if we give everything what we have with our talent on the pitch and fight together with the team then we can achieve a lot of things this season,” he added.
  • Latest Round Up

    45
  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×