You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

A good ebening for Unai Emery. This will be his fifth Europa League final in the last decade. He lost his last one (with Arsenal) but won 3 on the bounce with Sevilla. Can't see his luck holding out against the kings of spawn though.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The Champions League has been shite this year. No huge comebacks or drama, it’s all be a bit meh.

Empty stadiums starting to take its toll on football.

At the end of the day, without fans, it's simply not engaging.

This emptiness has suited a soulless team like Man City down to the ground.

But it makes you give even less of a fuck than ever.

Feel like footy died a bit more this season.

Shite covid cunt season with no fans ends up with sky, shitty and chelshit being the saviours of footy and yernited allowed to get away with total shithouse behaviour yet again with no recompense. 

Personally would have loved to fuck them all off. 

• Upvote 1

This fucking twat:

Neck of this twat...

On United's punishing schedule over the next few days: "It's unheard of. It's made by people who have never played football at this level. It's physically impossible for the players. We have not been dealt a good hand. We are going to need everyone for these four games. It's a short turnaround but we have to be ready."

Nothing at all to do with the rats who support them is it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know some other clubs' fans attract people's attention but I fucking detest arsenal's with a passion. They are the most entitled gobshites out there, yes, even above united and city fans.

They were pretty shit pre Wenger. You'd think they were the purest footballing side in these island before he arrived when they were not.

True, he turned a revolution there and soon, arsenal fans were going 'Hoooooooof!' whenever the opposition cleared a ball. Their arrogance growing with every victory.

Eventually, they hounded out the man who turned them around because they thought someone else could now do better. A classic case of be careful what you wish for because they got arteta.

I never got the hype around arteta as a player or coach. As Gaurdiola's number 2, I dont suppose he had any real input except to watch and listen to what he said. He just seems to me to have hung onto his coattails for the ride.

All the gooners thought because they won the FA Cup and Community Shield, both via penalty shootouts, that they were somehow ready to mount a title challenge under the new manager.

Well yeah but winning 6 or 7 one off cup ties doesnt make you a title challenger in my book. Funny as fuck they crashed out of the Europa League tonight, at least united should have decent opposition to face.

Wonder if arteta will still be manager by the time next season kicks off?

1 hour ago, an tha said:

This fucking twat:

Neck of this twat...

On United's punishing schedule over the next few days: "It's unheard of. It's made by people who have never played football at this level. It's physically impossible for the players. We have not been dealt a good hand. We are going to need everyone for these four games. It's a short turnaround but we have to be ready."

Yeah you’re right Ole - a load of your ugly knucklehead fans in their shit clobber, to be precise.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

This fucking twat:

Neck of this twat...

Ole can shut up. They have no injuries and 5 dead rubbers left in the PL as they have virually secured top 4.

12 hours ago, Trumo said:

A good ebening for Unai Emery. This will be his fifth Europa League final in the last decade. He lost his last one (with Arsenal) but won 3 on the bounce with Sevilla. Can't see his luck holding out against the kings of spawn though.

Villareal are the 13th Spanish team to reach the Europa/UEFA final since we beat Alaves 20 years ago. Only 2 of those teams have been beaten. Espanol in '07 and Bilbao in '12. Both were beaten by fellow Spanish sides (Sevilla in 07, Atletico in 12). 

Hopefully the trend continues 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Another three days have been added to that. 

Brilliant.

I’ll piss myself laughing if UEFA make everybody go to Istanbul for limited tickets & a shite expensive trip, but if it was us, we’d all be rightly fuming.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Brilliant.

I’ll piss myself laughing if UEFA make everybody go to Istanbul for limited tickets & a shite expensive trip, but if it was us, we’d all be rightly fuming.

Problem will be if UK put Turkey in the red zone, that comes with £1750 quarantine on return.

40 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/gary-lineker-pursued-hmrc-over-161549530.html

Seems Lineker's views on the distribution of wealth in football doesn't extend to the tax system if it is going to hit his pocket 

I've said before that for all his grandstanding about the 'good of the game', he would have jumped at the chance to present live coverage of the ESL.

12 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Just saw the Man U highlights. How fucking bad where they last night? they could have shipped 8 goals, easily.

Every time i watch them they look porous and vulnerable and rely on a few individuals brilliance and some lady luck to get results. Surely that can't be sustained.

I watched the whole game (was on free TV here). Van der Beek's performance was one of the worst I have ever seen from a professional footballer.

45 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Problem will be if UK put Turkey in the red zone, that comes with £1750 quarantine on return.

The City end would just the the Gallagher brothers and the Chelsea end would just be Damon Alburn and Tim Lovejoy. 

I’d have thought, the champions of fan power, UEFA, would have already considered this sort of eventuality and thoroughly planned accordingly. 

• Upvote 1